Honored Contributor

Re: They are currently showing a bag from

@skatting44  See my post just above.  Blue bag; start watching at the 2:34 mark.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything wrong with the bag. I watched the ENTIRE presentation. The blue is really pretty, and I am glad I read the thread to become aware of this brand.

I am going to get the blue. Seems like a pretty good price for a leather bag. Looks soft when handled and is a beautiful shade. Don't normally like bags that don't have a whole lot of structure when left to its own devices, but I will make an exception here.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.24.39 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon I watched the video online and I saw a soft leather bag, which is what I prefer to the structured bag.  The color variations and textures are by design, and I generally like that, they are not holes, smutzes or cracks.  I would not purchase this bag, because it's kind of bland and I am not in need of a bland bag.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon 

That's not a hole.  It appears to be grease or water that has gotten onto the light colored leather.  Leather will do that if you get water on it or if you get grease or other food products, etc., on it. It did not look like a hole to me but a tiny dot of water (maybe lotion from the presenter's hands) as lotion has grease in it and she may have spattered it on the bag before presenting.  It could be hand sanitizer which will also do that.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@skatting44  See my post just above.  Blue bag; start watching at the 2:34 mark.

Thanks, re reviewed the video . It must be a grease spot from all that popcorn  they were eating during Christmas

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with the bag. I watched the ENTIRE presentation. The blue is really pretty, and I am glad I read the thread to become aware of this brand.

I am going to get the blue. Seems like a pretty good price for a leather bag. Looks soft when handled and is a beautiful shade. Don't normally like bags that don't have a whole lot of structure when left to its own devices, but I will make an exception here.

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.24.39 AM.png

Overall , it looks to me like a good travel bag . I like that it has metal feet on the bottom .

Honored Contributor

Vintage Q, knock a few dollars off and then charge twelve bucks to ship. Not even to mention this brand is available elsewhere, often for a lot less than the prices they charge here.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler   I bought the blue one also. I prefer a less structured bag so hopefully it will work for me.  Such a pretty color and a nice size.  Hope with both are happy with our new bag.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

That happens and what amazes me is why no one notices before they go on air. I once saw a popular seller who was clearly on something do a show. I was amazed that no one noticed the issue before they put them on. 

@Lali1 

I could see how that would be a delicate situation that somebody might not know how to handle but how many people, that have the ability to say something in the host and vendors' ear, have to listen to them mispronounce the word anemone before they correct them?! That drove me crazy! It wasn't a surprise coming from Amy but it was Lori's product?! Don't you name the colors?

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @faeriemoon ...long time...hope you are well.

For anyone interested...

I purchased an American Leather handbag from the Rack about a month ago in a British tan that they called brandy smooth (replaces one I bought several months ago that I returned because it kept sliding off my shoulder...a pet peeve) for $75. 

I recently added a British tan sandal to my closet, which I only wear in summer and not often, so I didn't want to spend big $$.  I doubt I'd pay full price for it though, but...

Based on this purchase, I'd recommend American Leather...well made, supple leather, cute details, and it doesn't slide off my shoulder!  

20210131_225844.jpg

Image of AMERICAN LEATHER CO. Davenport Top Zip Hobo Bag

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~