Honored Contributor

Re: These Marvelush shawl/shrug things....

@chrystaltree wrote:

I have the shrugs, I have two but I don't like them and would never recommend them.  They don't stay up on your shoulders, they twist and turn and you are constantly adjusting it every time you get up.  I wear mine as a house sweater.  But I love the ponchos.  I three; black, camel and pink.  I wear them over long sleeve tees with slim jeans and boots. 

I love the ponchos too.  I have two of them.

I just flipped on the Q (folding laundry) and Carolyn was wearing the xl/1x.  She decided to show everyone that she could also wear the m/l; well let me tell you, she can't.  This thing runs small.  The Marvelush lady keeps saying to order your regular size, but Carolyn and the Morning Show duo all sized up for a better fit.

Valued Contributor

I think it hugs the butt too much.  I don't have much butt or hips, but still won't buy one, because of the hugging in the wrong places on the back.

Super Contributor

I like these better than the shrugs of several years ago, which looked good on small busted women. They hit you right under 'the girls', and was not a good look for me, who happens to be a little larger in that department. Hides a multitude of sins.  I ordered it in the navy.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Carolyn in this TSV and it looked terrible. It looked too small and did nothing to make her look better. I don't like the look or the way it draped in the back. It was not flattering.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just seeing it now and it is very unflattering! The stores are full of wraps, ponchos and drapey sweaters that are much better looking and at good prices.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This style always makes me think of a bug carapace like a ladybug.

Honored Contributor

First of all, even if I liked this I think it's horribly overpriced.  For as many as QVC will sell, this thing should be in the $20.00 range. 

I saw it on my lunch hour on Carolyn.  I must have seen it when she put the larger size on because from behind, I thought it looked quite nice. There was nice drape to it on her from behind because she made a point to turn around.  However, from the front and sides I didn't care for the way it looked. 

I see in the still shot of the model on the homepage, from behind it is much more fitted and somewhat cups the rear-end.  I think these are definitely running on the smaller side.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forgive me, (I'm sure it will look good on others), I'm one (just me) who isn't  crazy about anything that doesn't close in the front.  Although, on Brenda, on the very first midnight presentation), the sides did seem to match together in the center, more or less.  On the other models and hosts, not so much, if at all. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Sorry, but all I can think of with this shrug is the song, "I like big bu#s and I cannot lie."

Honored Contributor

'The more I'm thinking about it' (them)........As I recall, (from viewing them on their first TSV presentation) they are just way-way too open in the front.  I'll have to take a better look later on when I'm more awake (vrs. midnight).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).