Valued Contributor

Re: These Marvelush shawl/shrug things....

I purchased one when it first aired.  It isn't a beautiful article of clothing.  I have not worn it in public. It is often confusing to figure out how it goes over my body.  But, having said all the negatives, I find it keeps me warm and cozy when I am sitting in a chair, reading.  I think I look like a little old granny, but a warm granny!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe there is an easy remedy for static cling, in general.  Is it smoothing a metal hanger over the item?  Maybe google or web search it, asking for static cling remedies.   I'm sure that there are a few non-chemical remedies. .........p.s.  I occasionally receive email newsletters from Wacky uses, or something similar.........I'll have to go back and find out the name of the site.  ........I'm back..........It's 'wacky uses . com'.   Lots of tips there.  Not sure about static cling, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I don't like tge look from the abck either. don't like anything that "cups" this old butt.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I don't like the look from the back either. don't like anything that "cups" this old butt.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

While these types of wraps and cardigans look nice on the hanger, they do tend to look bulky and emphasize the wider body parts when worn. And yes, I have something similar, it's a gray marled knit cardigan with a rounded hem and a fold over shawl collar. The first time I wore it paired with skinny jeans and a sharkbite top something about it bugged me and I think it was the overall bulkiness and the shape when worn that bothered me. Now I would only wear it at home like a bed jacket.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of shawls or ponchos. 

Valued Contributor

I too was not a huge fan of the shrug look, but love their ponchos! Wear at least one of them to work a week. They are not heavy, yet they are warm and stylish.

Valued Contributor

I need things that will keep me warm. Not acyrlic and polyester, no matter how reportedly soft. I wish there wasn't so much of this junk on QVC. Let's have a variety. Ok so maybe for people in the southern states, acyrlic is ok, but what about the rest of us?