Respected Contributor

The truth about QVC XS and XXS sizing

To those who think hosts 'lie' about wearing a XS or XXS, you obviously are unclear about QVC sizing. It is very over-sized. I am 5'1" 108 lbs. Most items in XS are swimming on me...I now order items in XXS, when I order and only from Isaac, as Q's clothing too boxy and big.  QVC's clothing is not close to regular department store sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The truth about QVC XS and XXS sizing

For those of us who have purchased from the Q for any length of time..... I think we've learned Q's sizes and store sizes aren't even close.  D & Co. pants use to fit well and sex** but now they are balloon britches.  Why?   because most women aren't truthful to themselves - they have bigger hips & rears then they are willing to admit.         Thus..............more returns

Honored Contributor

I personally think this is a vanity issue.  Just imagine QVC's sizing went the other way.  You are an XXS and had to order a Medium.

You are an XL and had to order a 3XL.  Sales would plummet.  Now that I'm familiar with TV shopping sizing, I rarely shop stores because I have to go larger.  All three main networks run about the same in most lines. 

Respected Contributor

I bought one of Isaac's t-shirt dresses in XXS a while back, and it looks like a tent on me.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I shop B&M all the time. It must be an industry standard then, this vanity sizing, because I am finding the sizing to be very close between QVC and all others, most of the time. It is definitely vanity sizing but I think its the difference of only one size most of the time, when compared to clothing that I still own from years ago. Smiley Surprised Clearly the "vanity" part is just that, and it improves sales. The real problem is the inconsistencies in sizing  where all items of one size are not the same measurements, and the fact that manufacturing quality control is so poor that many items do  not match the garment specs given in the "click here" charts.

Give it whatever size you want, but standardize it within the line or something, so that consumers aren't playing the guessing game from hell, where the only benefactors would be the those who profit from the shipping for receiving and returning. I still believe that some of the hosts are also vain and will not tell you their actual size when wearing some garments unless they put on the garment when it is much too small, so as not to lie to the viewers about the size they are wearing. Smiley Tongue As if we can't see that it doesn't fit, is too tight ,a nd can't be comfortably buttoned or zipped

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

To those who think hosts 'lie' about wearing a XS or XXS, you obviously are unclear about QVC sizing. It is very over-sized. I am 5'1" 108 lbs. Most items in XS are swimming on me...I now order items in XXS, when I order and only from Isaac, as Q's clothing too boxy and big.  QVC's clothing is not close to regular department store sizing.

@ellaphant

This isn't new information by any means.  

BTW, some manufacturers outside QVC also offer "vanity sizing".    You must also be unaware that all clothing is categorized as Fitted, Semi-fitted and Relaxed.   I don't know where you get the "boxy" idea.   All you have to do is read the item description online before ordering.  There are also sizing charts if you're still unclear.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My recent experience is eyeopening for sure.  I have traditionally been a Medium in Denim & Co. but lost weight this last year.  I am 5'1" and weigh 125 pounds.  I am now a size Small in Denim & Co.  I bought Isaac's boyfriend jeans in size 8, returned for a 6, returned for a 4, which now fit me perfectly.  I have never worn a size 4 pants in my life.  Outside of QVC, I am a Petite Small in J. Jill, a Medium in Danskin at Wal Mart and a Large at Lilly Pulitzer.  These are pretty much the only places I buy clothes.  So, it is really ridiculous there is such a variation in brands.

Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

My recent experience is eyeopening for sure.  I have traditionally been a Medium in Denim & Co. but lost weight this last year.  I am 5'1" and weigh 125 pounds.  I am now a size Small in Denim & Co.  I bought Isaac's boyfriend jeans in size 8, returned for a 6, returned for a 4, which now fit me perfectly.  I have never worn a size 4 pants in my life.  Outside of QVC, I am a Petite Small in J. Jill, a Medium in Danskin at Wal Mart and a Large at Lilly Pulitzer.  These are pretty much the only places I buy clothes.  So, it is really ridiculous there is such a variation in brands.

@sunsetbeach

ITA .....  I wonder how much is the designer and how much is the overseas manufacturing. 

It's not just QVC, by any means.   If you go into a B&M store and select, for example, six pair of dressy black slacks, each one will fit very differently.   If the American Garment Manufacturers Association has uniform sizing guidelines, no one seems to have gotten the memo.

Esteemed Contributor

This is so true!

No where else in the retail world am I an XS top and SM bottom. QVC clothing is huge by other retail sizing standards. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Sometimes, there are exceptions:  I bought the TSV shorts and a pair from Kohls, both in Size 4.  The TSV shorts actually fit better than the one from Kohls.  I was surprised.