Honored Contributor

The stylists behind Gaga’s looks at The Oscars

[ Edited ]

08D606CA-44F1-466A-9A2E-3758EA88DE7D.jpeg

“Tom Eerebout & Sandra Amador *

Client: Lady Gaga

WHY THEY MATTER In a word: Gaga. The Grammy, Golden Globe and Oscar winner garnered 34,000 retweets and 3.2 million Instagram "likes" for her Oscar look. During the A Star Is Born run, her stylist duo focused on timeless Hollywood glamour with an edge (icy blue hair, leather glove accents). Eerebout says the trickiest part was "finding the middle ground: We wanted to deliver looks that were true to her — the element of surprise — and capture movie star magic." Some of that magic included landing Tiffany & Co.'s 128.54-carat yellow diamond, which was last worn by Audrey Hepburn, to top off a Breakfast at Tiffany's-inspired black Alexander McQueen Oscar gown. Says Amador: "We received submissions from multiple incredible designers, but Lady Gaga gravitated toward the McQueen, wanting something black and timeless. She also wore different designers to each awards show who have been supportive of her through the years." That included changing into another black ball gown by Brandon Maxwell, the stylist turned designer who previously styled Gaga and counted Eerebout and Amador as assistants, for her live "Shallow" performance with Bradley Cooper that 29.6 million Oscar viewers tuned in to watch.”

From “The Hollywood Reporter” article 

“The 25 Most Powerful Stylists in Hollywood 2019”

Honored Contributor

Re: The stylists behind Gaga’s looks at The Oscars

I've never seen a picture of her stylists before. Thanks for posting this @Mindy D . I thought she looked great at the Oscars. No words can describe that necklace, crown jewels level.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

thank you for posting this!  i love lady gaga, and she did look pretty amazing. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D thank you posting this. I'm a huge Gaga fan and it's so interesting to see the people who helped put together her incredible Old Hollywood styles this award season.
Honored Contributor

It was the first time I had ever seen GaGa look Great!  Her black dress and that necklace were a knockout.  Even her hair and makeup -- it's about time.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D Lady G was beautiful in this video.  Thought you might enjoy!Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK2x_bnzwZU