Respected Contributor

Re: The scalloped seams on the G.I.L.I. TSV can be found on any Graver faux jacket

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

There is no comparison to the detailed and quality stitching on today's leather GILI TSV and any fake pleather item of Susan's.

Susan is the QUEEN of pieced jackets with scallop detail.  That really is my point.  This G.I.L.I. TSV looks like her written all over it.  Of course she does not make fitted anything (that I'm aware of) or use leather.  

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree...  no comparison to the two jackets even though SG pieces her material and tries for higher end detailing.  I bought one of her jackets and was so thoroughly disappointed in how it looked (up close, personal and on) that I sent it back.  Even DH said he could see it was pleather a mile away.   You can copy high end detailing and use faux leathers and no matter how much SG says it looks and feels real, It really doesn't.....  Woman Sad  

@Q4uThere are different grades of faux leather just like there are different grades of leather.  Stella McCartney who charges thousands for her jackets only uses faux leather.  She is vegan.  

Respected Contributor

Re: The scalloped seams on the G.I.L.I. TSV can be found on any Graver faux jacket

[ Edited ]

@Q4u This is the only item I own from SG.  No one has ever questioned that it wasn't leather.  It's a263775.

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@Q4u This is the only item I own from SG.  No one has ever questioned that it wasn't leather.  It's a263775.

@truffle Someone mentioned that the TSV not only looked like a Susan Graver but that they wouldn'y be surprised if she was behind the design. After seeing this, I am a believer. Nice jacket btw.

Respected Contributor

OMG @truffle it was you who said it ... *palm to forehead* Woman LOL I so agree with you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't wear either brand.  I like the jacket though.    I think  the style will be around years to comeI wanted to comment that there is a huge difference between pleather  and leather, at least to me.  Leather is a forever kind of thing.  It can be repaired, conditioned and revitalized. I have had a leather jacket that had a bleach stain on it redyed at the shoe man.   Leather is a lot more breathable to me than plastic..  However, for someone who is a true vegan a pleather item is going to suffice.  Also, many women don't care about longevity, or having real leather.  They want something now, trendy, and affordable.   I love that there are choices.

The style in the GILI jacket is classic.  A few years ago Vince Camuto had the same jacket in blue, pink, black and camel.  The style of the jacket has been done in a boucle as well.  I saw it at Neimans.

Esteemed Contributor

The G.I.L.I. jacket  A272883 doesn't have scalloped inserts in the seams, it's more like a pinked edge piping on the jacket. Jill Martin kept calling the design feature zig zag.

I watched the presentation during the first hour of PM Style and I agree with the other ladies here, the jacket only looked good on the smaller and or slimmer women. If you carry your weight in your bust, middle, or hip area, this jacket only emphasizes that whether the jacket is worn zipped or unzipped.

It will be interesting to see the reviews once they roll in. As they only sold 10,000 as Shawn mentioned during the first hour of PM Style, I predict that this leather jacket will be making many more appearances this year on QVC as they still have to have a lot of unsold inventory. I would think that this is one of the lower selling TSVs.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Zip-Front-Leather-Jacket-with-Seaming-Detail.product.A272883.html?sc=TSV...

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

The G.I.L.I. jacket  A272883 doesn't have scalloped inserts in the seams, it's more like a pinked edge piping on the jacket. Jill Martin kept calling the design feature zig zag.

I watched the presentation during the first hour of PM Style and I agree with the other ladies here, the jacket only looked good on the smaller and or slimmer women. If you carry your weight in your bust, middle, or hip area, this jacket only emphasizes that whether the jacket is worn zipped or unzipped.

It will be interesting to see the reviews once they roll in. As they only sold 10,000 as Shawn mentioned during the first hour of PM Style, I predict that this leather jacket will be making many more appearances this year on QVC as they still have to have a lot of unsold inventory. I would think that this is one of the lower selling TSVs.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Zip-Front-Leather-Jacket-with-Seaming-Detail.product.A272883.html?sc=TSV...

Near the end of PM Style she said they had only brought in 16,000 to begin with, and I believe they sold over 11,000. I'm sure expectations are different for an item such as this than they are for something like a D&Co top.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

I was referring to the pinked edges as scalloping.  I strongly dislike the look and think it looks juvenile.  One thing I liked about the jacket was the leather looked smooth...no unsightly pores and the leather didn't appear to be wrinkled at all except the one Katia was wearing there were odd creases on the bottom front.  It would be terrible if some jackets arrived with wrinkles.  

Honored Contributor

That jacket looks like it was cut with a pinking shears........not fond of "the look".............reminds me of kid's clothes decorated with rick-rack.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

First off, I was not in the market for a $250 leather jacket, so I observed the presentations objectively (I think!). My opinion was that the jacket looked pretty bad on anyone who was endowed on top. Perhaps if MBR had gone up a size, we all wouldn't be commenting on her look, but since they stuffed her into that blue jacket, we all know the results. The plus size models mostly either had the jacket unzipped, or were at least wearing the correct size. The best fit was in the tiny models, who did look nice in the jacket. Some styles do not look good on every body type, no matter what QVC says. 

My problems with it were two-fold. First, I did not like the unfinished look of the pinked edges. I thought it cheapened the look of the jacket. And, I would have appreciated one more inch in length so as NOT to accentuate the hips as it did on Mary Beth. 

The sales seemed to go well for it, and the one color looked as if it were selling out. I just hope those that get it bought the correct size for their body type, enjoy the jacket and get some good use from it.