Honored Contributor

Re: The "Fanny Flap": Yay or Nay?

@lolakimono

Flaps on pockets - embellished or not - are dealbreakers for me. Horrible idea! 

Respected Contributor

It's definitely not my style.  I'm not one who likes embroidery or bling on my pants (or tops, for that matter).  If I want sparkle in my look, I throw on some jewelry.  I want my clothing to be bling-free.

Respected Contributor

They all look uncomfortable to me.  Don't like any of them - but then I'm not really a fan of jeans anyway.  Everywhere you go, looks lilke a sea of blue.  Different styles, but all just blue denim.  Not sure how they got so popular. 

Respected Contributor

Do not like them at all -- they look dated to me, even though they're currently in the stores.

Respected Contributor

I like flaps on my back pockets....it helps to give the bum the appearance of more shape which I need ! 😊

Honored Contributor

Embellishing your behind is a big no-no unless your figure is like the model pictured.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I own one pair of flap pocket jeans and whenever I wear them my husband comments I am wearing my sexy jeans. They really do enhance the rump in all the right ways!  

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23wrote:

They all look uncomfortable to me.  Don't like any of them - but then I'm not really a fan of jeans anyway.  Everywhere you go, looks lilke a sea of blue.  Different styles, but all just blue denim.  Not sure how they got so popular. 

@KathyM23, I think we'd have to go back many, many decades to know the history of denim. They've been a staple that long. I can't imagine a non-denim world. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirlwrote:

I like flaps on my back pockets....it helps to give the bum the appearance of more shape which I need ! 😊

To be clear, it's not the flaps themselves that I don't like (although I don't like the ones that are pointed and have a more Western look). Specifically, it's the busy/blingy pocket flaps that look so dated to me (I really dislike Miss Me jeans).

Trusted Contributor

I only own one pair of jeans with flaps on the back pockets.  I sewed them down (by hand) so they wouldn't stick out or curl up.  I like a little bling on the back pockets.