Esteemed Contributor

Re: The price of t shirts

[ Edited ]

I just bought my DH a new wardroble of lovely, fresh-colored pique polos from Walmart.  There wasn't one over $6.  They are the Faded Glory brand. 

He just wore one and I washed/dried it.  Came out like brand new.

I went on line and bought myself the same shirt.  The women's equivalent was $9+.  

Since I wash/wear casual shirts a lot, I'm not going to invest in higher price shirts. 

Not sure why women's shirts are so high, but I'm fine with wearing a man's shirt.

Now, I know they aren't tees, but most tee shirts look goofy on me for some reason.  These look classicCat LOL

At least to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949

I love shopping Bealls on line.

Such nice things for reasonable prices.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I have the room to hang them, so I hang them.  They go right into the closet when they're dry.

I don't babysit the dryer.  I know if I leave clothes in there, they sit and get very wrinkley.  That's just me though.  LOL

I'm better at getting things out of the dryer before they are wrinkled than I am with bringing up clothes I have hanging in my basement.  In the winter that is okay but in the summer, despite the dehumidifier I have going down there, my clothes get musty when I leave them down there for a very long time (which I do) and then I have to rewash them.  LOL

I've also been known to put a load in the washer, forget I did that and go down 2 days later.  What a disaster that is.  I have to dry them and rewash the, to get that smell out.  Woman Frustrated       

I'm always down there because I do a load or two every day.    Nothing stays down there longer than a day or two. 

I'll re-wash if I've forgotten a load in the washer or left it in too long.  LOL

Honored Contributor

As ridiculous as this sounds (to many), I bought a bonus pack of all cotton Hanes Boy's XL white tee shirts a couple or so years ago.  They are very lightweight, and are handy to wear under tank tops, etc.  I don't abuse them by over drying them.  Just gentle wash, and then a couple of minutes in the dryer; lay flat or hang on a drying rack.   Just for around the house/errands/under sweaters/etc., etc.   ........ p.s.  I also have better, more substantial ones, btw.  But these Boy's tees sure are handy on a day-to-day basis. Plenty in a package.......maybe six or eight tees in the bonus packs.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949. If I could find the perfect tee shirt that wouldn't shrink, pill, fade or lose its shape, I'd gladly pay $49 or more. I haven't found that tee shirt for less than $65 at Nordstrom. 

I wonder where you shop. I buy t shirts from woman within for $13.99, 100% cotton they do not shrink, pill, fade or lose their shape and I have them for years . I don't baby them either - washer in hot water and dryer on perm press.And since I live in Florida they get year round wear. Plus in the summer when we are at camp my poor clothes have to tolerate the laundromat  machines.

I used to buy Lands End t shirts all the time until I found these ones from WW. Now they are all I buy.I happen to love their style. 

@151949

I think what she's saying is that she hasn't found a t-shirt, at Nordstrom's, that actually held up for less than $65.00.

that must be it because I have plenty of t-shirts from different stores, in different price ranges,  that didn't shrink, pill, or lose shape, AND maintained their color!

Well - IMO - if you have to pay $65 to get a t shirt at Nordstroms that doesn't pill, fade, shrink etc etc then you most absolutely need to shop elsewhere for t shirts. There are dozens of brands of t shirts out there that do perfectly well with normal laundering & cost < $20.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I think a polo is a much more polished look than a t shirt. Where I worked we were allowed to wear a polo instead of a scrub top to work if we wanted , as long as the color was the same as our scrubs. Unfortunately, polos stain much easier than scrubs.I tried a few and wasted my money as they were quickly too stained to wear to work. I could not get those stain out.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I usually buy all my polos and t-shirts at Kohl's for about $10.  I've had some of them for several seasons.   They hold up to machine washing and drying. 

I don't shop at Walmart because it's a far drive for me, but I may make the trip to check out their t-shirts.  QVC's prices are totally ridiculous, especially after adding shipping and handling charges.

Check them out online, @tototwo, and see if you like them. I've also bought LLBean's tee shirts, Pima cotton, many times at l4.95, free S&H, and many times free S&H with a minimum purchase.

I wear tee shirt and jeans almost daily to clean house or do errands. A $30. or $40. tee shirt from the Q not required.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I usually buy all my polos and t-shirts at Kohl's for about $10.  I've had some of them for several seasons.   They hold up to machine washing and drying. 

I don't shop at Walmart because it's a far drive for me, but I may make the trip to check out their t-shirts.  QVC's prices are totally ridiculous, especially after adding shipping and handling charges.

Love your sig line, @tototwo. Ain't that the truth....