Honored Contributor

I haven't for a couple years - but I used to buy a lot of t shirts at Bealls. I liked the softness of the poly/cotton blends and the Florida designs.

Honored Contributor

I like mens white v neck t shirts, i wear them around the house, for walking in ,cheap comfortable.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949. If I could find the perfect tee shirt that wouldn't shrink, pill, fade or lose its shape, I'd gladly pay $49 or more. I haven't found that tee shirt for less than $65 at Nordstrom. 

I wonder where you shop. I buy t shirts from woman within for $13.99, 100% cotton they do not shrink, pill, fade or lose their shape and I have them for years . I don't baby them either - washer in hot water and dryer on perm press.And since I live in Florida they get year round wear. Plus in the summer when we are at camp my poor clothes have to tolerate the laundromat  machines.

I used to buy Lands End t shirts all the time until I found these ones from WW. Now they are all I buy.I happen to love their style. 

@151949

I think what she's saying is that she hasn't found a t-shirt, at Nordstrom's, that actually held up for less than $65.00.

that must be it because I have plenty of t-shirts from different stores, in different price ranges,  that didn't shrink, pill, or lose shape, AND maintained their color!

Honored Contributor

Lands' End makes fabulous t-shirts and that's where I've gotten my plain front tees since high school. If I just need a cheap t-shirt for decorating, I'll go to Walmart or Michael's.

Respected Contributor

Re: The price of t shirts

[ Edited ]

I just bought 6 t shirts from Target for $8 each.  I'll use them for working out, lounging, cooking, cleaning - just basic t shirts.  They're Merona.  They have a deep V and a short sleeve.  They're a nice length too and more of a fitted t.

They never lose their shape, pill, or fade.  I wash in cold water and hang to dry. 

I think drying ruins clothes.  Even though they were only $8 each, I still take care of them like my "good" clothes.

Honored Contributor

I put just about everything in the dryer.  Very few items of mine get hung to dry or lie flat to dry.  I don't have the space for hanging all my clothes nor do I think they need it.  I personally am not hanging up t-shirts or other basic items and none of my clothes are ruined.

I have $5.99 Croft & Barrow t-shirts from Kohls, Merona t-shirts from Target, White Stag t-shirts from WM, St. John Bay from JCPenny that were all cheap and I wash and dry them.  None of them have shrunk, pilled, faded or ended up out of shape and some of these t-shirts are years old. 

But there is a big difference IMO between a better dept store t-shirt and the cheapies from a mart type store.  I'm not going to compare my White Stag t-shirts to my Lands End t-shirts because they aren't in the same ballpark.  My cheap t-shirts serve a purpose and I like them but they are definitely different. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Lands' End makes fabulous t-shirts and that's where I've gotten my plain front tees since high school. If I just need a cheap t-shirt for decorating, I'll go to Walmart or Michael's.

@ChynnaBlue

Agree with you ... the LE knit tops last forever.  Colors stay true, they don't shrink or pill.  And you can get them in regular, petite and tall lengths.

Two other sources for good quality knit tops are Coldwater Creek and Chico's.  

Honored Contributor

There are $200 tee shirts, there are $8 tee shirts.  I don't think that is much of surprise.  We buy what works for us.  So, I don't understand the point of OP's post. 

Respected Contributor

I have the room to hang them, so I hang them.  They go right into the closet when they're dry.

I don't babysit the dryer.  I know if I leave clothes in there, they sit and get very wrinkley.  That's just me though.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I have the room to hang them, so I hang them.  They go right into the closet when they're dry.

I don't babysit the dryer.  I know if I leave clothes in there, they sit and get very wrinkley.  That's just me though.  LOL

I'm better at getting things out of the dryer before they are wrinkled than I am with bringing up clothes I have hanging in my basement.  In the winter that is okay but in the summer, despite the dehumidifier I have going down there, my clothes get musty when I leave them down there for a very long time (which I do) and then I have to rewash them.  LOL

I've also been known to put a load in the washer, forget I did that and go down 2 days later.  What a disaster that is.  I have to dry them and rewash the, to get that smell out.  Woman Frustrated