Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Surprisingly, some of Wal-Mart's fabrics are pretty good! I guess I should say, "most surprisingly!"

But I just got 8 t-shirts from jcpenney. Q's prices are ridiculous sometimes! 

@Harpa

I agree about WalMart's fabrics. I rarely take the time to stop and shop in the clothing department but I have been happy with the things I have purchased there. 

@willdob3 @Harpa

I'm not a particular fan of Walmart ---however, sometimes I will purchase a couple of their White Stag t-shirts which have held up well, no piling, stretching, fading.......Same with a couple of Kohl's t-shirts I bought on sale...........I can't say the same for QVC's.......

Their White Stag tee shirts are priced low and look and wear well. And they stay looking good. I don't think they carry White Stag anymore, @Spurt.

Esteemed Contributor

You can't beat Belk's sales for tee shirts. They periodically have sales where you can get Kim Rogers tee shirts (usually sell for $29.or $39.), Buy One Get TWO free. And they come in petites!

Esteemed Contributor

I got a new Halston tee this spring that was on sale for $29. It is so cute and I get compliments everytime I wear it. I just love it. It has a small interesting diagonal on the front and is cotton/modal.

I bought two summer tees from DG2 the end of last summer on sale for $l4.95. One has a pale lime and one a pale peach design on a white tee. Now that just might be my best buy finding three things I love.

Honored Contributor

Re: The price of t shirts

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Surprisingly, some of Wal-Mart's fabrics are pretty good! I guess I should say, "most surprisingly!"

@Harpa

I agree about WalMart's fabrics. I rarely take the time to stop and shop in the clothing department but I have been happy with the things I have purchased there. 

@willdob3 @Harpa

I'm not a particular fan of Walmart ---however, sometimes I will purchase a couple of their White Stag t-shirts which have held up well, no piling, stretching, fading.......Same with a couple of Kohl's t-shirts I bought on sale...........I can't say the same for QVC's.......

Their White Stag tee shirts are priced low and look and wear well. And they stay looking good. I don't think they carry White Stag anymore, @Spurt.

@febe1

It might depend on the store or region you live in but they carry them here in Texas and they are on their website too....and some of the white stag say "new" so it looks like the brand is sticking around......(you can even order online and request in store pickup)............

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/2017/1/23/white-stag-made-portland-into-a-sports-gear-mecca

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: The price of t shirts

[ Edited ]

Sorry, Sharon Faetsch and others.... my $10 tee shirts last for years.

(Shhhhhh!  Even my $2.99 ones)

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Why don't you ladies put t  shirts in the dryer? I would never own a t shirt I could not put in the dryer. As i stated before I buy mine at Woman Within for only $13.99 and I wash them in hot water and toss them in the dryer every week. I've been buying them for a few years now and they are 100% cotton and none have shrunk, faded or gotten out of shape. I wash about 10 t shirts a week just for myself, I'd never wash all those by hand and hang them up , and since I cook and clean house in them - they need washed in hot water to get them clean, and they do not fade.

I never put any of my clothing in the dryer unless it's a pair of socks or something.  The dryer ruins clothing. The fabric tumbles and breaks down the fibers. I don't use hot water either. I use luke warm water and a cold rinse.  I pretreat grease spots I get from from cooking.

I have had a few of those Womans within shirts.  I didn't like them.  The fabric was too thin and didn't have the " hand" that I prefer. I only buy 100% cotton, no poly or spandex in them. They also ran too small in the bust, shoulder and arm area for me.

I think the vast majority of women disagree with you because vthey sell out on colors/styles on these shirts regularly. As for them not fitting - perhaps you should have bought the size for your measurements. And they are 100% cotton.

Oops,I made a mistake.  I don't buy from Woman Within.. they sell plus size clothing. I mixed them up with another vendor.  I went to look at those low priced shirts on their website and knew right away, I was wrong.

sorry.

Trusted Contributor

I've been trying to buy tees locally since I got an Isaac M Live tee with an arm longer on one side! (One would think they'd have better Quality control) but I've found crooked cut armholes in tanks at both ShopKo and Kmart, a crooked cut neckline by the chest, and a smaller shoulder panel on one side as well. I need to find something inbeween cheap and expensive, that's made well.

Honored Contributor

I'm buying Walmart's White Stag tees at $5.96.  The weight is very much like the Liz brand is /was here.  They're holding up and I do hang everything but my "around the house" jeans.  I could wear them to work, but I already have my work basics.  I got these for around the house and dog.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

@Harpa

@willdob3 @Harpa

@febe1

It might depend on the store or region you live in but they carry them here in Texas and they are on their website too....and some of the white stag say "new" so it looks like the brand is sticking around......(you can even order online and request in store pickup)............

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/2017/1/23/white-stag-made-portland-into-a-sports-gear-mecca

Thanks, @Spurt. Those tee shirts are real workhorses! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I usually buy all my polos and t-shirts at Kohl's for about $10.  I've had some of them for several seasons.   They hold up to machine washing and drying. 

I don't shop at Walmart because it's a far drive for me, but I may make the trip to check out their t-shirts.  QVC's prices are totally ridiculous, especially after adding shipping and handling charges.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt