Valued Contributor

I just ordered and received 3 new tees from Lands End.  Their ribbed, shaped tees are my favorite, good quality, wash well and best of all for me, they come in tall!  I paid less than $15 each and I'll have them for years.  They often run them on sale if you buy 3.

Honored Contributor

Re: The price of t shirts

[ Edited ]

@151949

I get most of my (100% cotton) t-shirts from JCP - St. John's Bay brand. All different sleeve lengths, tank tops, too. More colors (and stripes!) than anyone could ever need! I buy a bunch every season and they wash up perfectly - never pill, don't fade, always look like new.

I'm pretty sure I've never paid $10 for one. They are almost always on sale & then they have coupons, too. I picked up 7 of them a few weeks ago for just over $30. 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Surprisingly, some of Wal-Mart's fabrics are pretty good! I guess I should say, "most surprisingly!"

But I just got 8 t-shirts from jcpenney. Q's prices are ridiculous sometimes! 

@Harpa

I agree about WalMart's fabrics. I rarely take the time to stop and shop in the clothing department but I have been happy with the things I have purchased there. 

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949. If I could find the perfect tee shirt that wouldn't shrink, pill, fade or lose its shape, I'd gladly pay $49 or more. I haven't found that tee shirt for less than $65 at Nordstrom. 

I wonder where you shop. I buy t shirts from woman within for $13.99, 100% cotton they do not shrink, pill, fade or lose their shape and I have them for years . I don't baby them either - washer in hot water and dryer on perm press.And since I live in Florida they get year round wear. Plus in the summer when we are at camp my poor clothes have to tolerate the laundromat  machines.

I used to buy Lands End t shirts all the time until I found these ones from WW. Now they are all I buy.I happen to love their style. 

They have nice items.  Wish they sold all womens sizes as I would be placing an order today if they did.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Gap.    Pricing is about the same as LE.    My LE shirts faded.   I hang them to dry.  I love the fit of the Gap shirts.   The LE shirts are ordinary.

@151949

Respected Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949. If I could find the perfect tee shirt that wouldn't shrink, pill, fade or lose its shape, I'd gladly pay $49 or more. I haven't found that tee shirt for less than $65 at Nordstrom. 

I wonder where you shop. I buy t shirts from woman within for $13.99, 100% cotton they do not shrink, pill, fade or lose their shape and I have them for years . I don't baby them either - washer in hot water and dryer on perm press.And since I live in Florida they get year round wear. Plus in the summer when we are at camp my poor clothes have to tolerate the laundromat  machines.

I used to buy Lands End t shirts all the time until I found these ones from WW. Now they are all I buy.I happen to love their style. 

They have nice items.  Wish they sold all womens sizes as I would be placing an order today if they did.

I agree. I've seen the catalogs and they have some nice looking stuff.

They don't carry my size, though.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@software While I agree the lands end t shirts are kinda everyday - they are exactly what they claim to be - a t shirt. So I don't really understand exactly what some of you expect from a t shirt. Personally, I look for a durable fabric - good weight not too thin or too thick - and pretty color. Occasionally a pretty print or a little trim like lace or buttons etc. and some variety in neckline - boatneck,v neck , henley.

Honored Contributor

Woman within is the same home company as Jessica London and lerners.

Honored Contributor

@151949Prices are up everywhere so you have to shop around.  I have found some good buys at QVC and JJill.  JJill is offering 30% off your purchase so you will get some great buys.  Plus their tees are pima cotton.  I have also found that Isaac makes excellent tee shirts.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
Woman Within and Romans has good shirts for plus size. Sometimes they're under $20 and you can always get coupons. I own several and they're decent quality.