Honored Contributor

Re: The price of Tee Shirts.

@mdmc 

No - I would never spend that much on a t-shirt!  

For layering, I have few "good ones" that I got at Chico's and Coldwater Creek ... on sale.  If I recall, they were $15, and happened to be "my" colors.

-----------------------------

My ordinary everyday t-shirts come from LandsEnd (on sale) and Hanes (on sale).     

For everyday, I like to wear men's tall, long sleeve t-shirts.  I have crocheted lace vests and colorful chiffon vests - and I like the contrast of the oversized slouchy shirts and the crochet lace or the chiffon.

Hanes "beefy tees" are very nice.

Frequent Contributor

I agree. Kohls T Shirts this year are great.  And soft! I got 2 a couple days ago and had A Amazon return so I got 25% off. I think they ended up being about $8.00 each.  One other thing about them is they are not see through but light weight. I love them. I used to buy the ones at Target but they changed them. Now not so much. 

Honored Contributor

Prices have gone up but I think D&Co is too high for what they are offering for tee shirts.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Not where I shop for tees, since I usually replenish my tee wardrobe every 6 months. (Long sleeves for cool weather; short for warm.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't usually pay that much for a tee. It would have to have some detail, print, or design that I really loved. 

I buy most of my t-shirts at Macy's or Kohl's. Karen Scott brand at Macy's has scoop neck tees I like for warm weather. The scoop isn't too low or too wide. I usually buy them on sale for under $10. 

I like Croft & Barrow short sleeve v-neck tees at Kohl's because the "v" isn't too low. They always have various solids & prints. The price is usually about $10 but with coupons you can get them for less. I also buy their long sleeve crew neck tees for colder weather. Also a good price. 

I know some people buy tees that cost more $ and claim the quality is better. That's fine for them. All I can say is in my experience the tees I buy are good quality at a good price, and I can wear my tees a couple of years. Overall, I have been very happy with both brands. 

Trusted Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I don't usually pay that much for a tee. It would have to have some detail, print, or design that I really loved. 

I buy most of my t-shirts at Macy's or Kohl's. Karen Scott brand at Macy's has scoop neck tees I like for warm weather. The scoop isn't too low or too wide. I usually buy them on sale for under $10. 

I like Croft & Barrow short sleeve v-neck tees at Kohl's because the "v" isn't too low. They always have various solids & prints. The price is usually about $10 but with coupons you can get them for less. I also buy their long sleeve crew neck tees for colder weather. Also a good price. 

I know some people buy tees that cost more $ and claim the quality is better. That's fine for them. All I can say is in my experience the tees I buy are good quality at a good price, and I can wear my tees a couple of years. Overall, I have been very happy with both brands. 

I am with you about Kohl's Croft and Barrow tees.  I have been buying the short sleeve ones and also the long sleeve ones for years and they are incrdibly soft and well made.  In fact , the last time I looked the short sleeve ones are on sale for $8.00.  I own 25  of the short sleeve ones already but may buy a couple more in different colors.

Valued Contributor

Belk's sent an email 5/10 today, $10 tee shirts.  I haven't tried their tees but the other items have been nice quality.

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma -- I totally agree about the Kohl's Croft & Barrow V-neck tees.  They were $7.99 each when I was at Kohl's a few days ago.  Stripes and prints match at the seams and so soft!  Feel of the fabric is very important to me, especially in summer!  I didn't buy any because I have several C&B tees from years passed that are still in excellent condition.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

And today lands end has 50 percent off and free shipping.yes,im a fan of lands end as well
Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

I made my first LE purchase around winter time. A pima turtleneck tee. Spectacularly soft and not so thick.

I am extremely pleased with it.

Duluth Trading has nice tees too but you do have to catch them on sale. Full price can be more than you're willing to spend