Esteemed Contributor

The leftover tunics are coming out...

Tunics must be going out of style forward. They're all coming out with the usual small Q sale. I've never seen so many tunics and long, long tops. Fit and flare, swingy, peplum and LONG.

I'll be glad to see this style go away, if they're doing so. I own a couple and won't buy any more tunics.

Honored Contributor

Re: The leftover tunics are coming out...

I was just browsing some of the July 4th sales online (Chico's, CWC, etc.) looking for tunics.

I like them and plan on stocking up just in case they are hard to find in the future!

Do far, so good.  I got some good buys!

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'4.  Most of those tunics make my fanny look like a mac truck (the material doesn't 'glide' over the fanny).  There is what I call 'a sweet spot' meaning just the right length.

As I've gotten old(er) (70) the lumps and bumps keep coming (loosing weight....well...it doesn't look as good as it used to) so I can't wear the really short tops I used to, I do need something a little longer.

But I'm like the OP, I do not like those long tunics.  Everytime they'd come on I'd change the channel and think about all of the money I was saving because I refused to buy them.  Ha!  

I'm glad they are disappearing (if they really are).  Maybe they're just making room for more....Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I was just browsing some of the July 4th sales online (Chico's, CWC, etc.) looking for tunics.

I like them and plan on stocking up just in case they are hard to find in the future!

Now is the time to buy them, @ALRATIBA! I always notice what's being pushed on sale. It looks like they're determined to bring back the wide leg pants and printed pants for a while now. It's going to be hard to give up on leggings.

It doesn't matter to me, either. I wear what I hope looks best on me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like tunics so hope they are not going out of style.  Hopefully they are making room for fall/winter fashion.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm 5'4.  Most of those tunics make my fanny look like a mac truck (the material doesn't 'glide' over the fanny).  There is what I call 'a sweet spot' meaning just the right length.

As I've gotten old(er) (70) the lumps and bumps keep coming (loosing weight....well...it doesn't look as good as it used to) so I can't wear the really short tops I used to, I do need something a little longer.

But I'm like the OP, I do not like those long tunics.  Everytime they'd come on I'd change the channel and think about all of the money I was saving because I refused to buy them.  Ha!  

I'm glad they are disappearing (if they really are).  Maybe they're just making room for more....Ha!

The proportion is all wrong for me, @Annabellethecat66. I just don't want something making my legs shorter.

However, no fashion lasts forever, and I won't miss them a bit. The wide leg pants arriving just might cause their demise. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Now is the time to buy them, @ALRATIBA! I always notice what's being pushed on sale. It looks like they're determined to bring back the wide leg pants and printed pants for a while now. It's going to be hard to give up on leggings.

It doesn't matter to me, either. I wear what I hope looks best on me. Smiley Happy

@febe1 

I don't wear leggings, but I do like wide leg and printed pants.  Fortunately, I snapped up a bunch of them a couple of years ago from a Chico's sale.  I'm all set!

Honored Contributor

I don't think tunics are going anywhere.  There is a big market for them.

Respected Contributor

Tunics aren't going anywhere.   A lot of people wear them and look good in them 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

The proportion is all wrong for me, @Annabellethecat66. I just don't want something making my legs shorter.

However, no fashion lasts forever, and I won't miss them a bit. The wide leg pants arriving just might cause their demise. Smiley Happy

@febe1

I can wear tunics with wide leg pants.  I'm tall enough and narrow enough to make it work.