Respected Contributor

Re: The $ide Effect$ of Lo$ing weight

Congatulations on your weight loss !!  I have had to give several bags of clothes to the goodwill because of my wt loss over the last year. I changed my diet and was able to come off my diabetes meds so I have been shopping QVC to replace both tops and bottoms. ( I need to stop shopping) Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I can certainly relate .. lost weight this year .. now .. before when I lost

weight I kept my fat clothes .. this time I did not ... Boy what a difference ...

What an insensitive to keep it up as I have no clothes to go to and cannot

really afford a whole new wardrobe .... It made a difference .....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA   Congrats on losing weight!  llls0251.gif

Boy oh boy can I relate...oy. For me, it has cost a small fortune. I try to get replacements with 'as is', clearance and sale prices whenever possible. Sometimes if the quantity is low in the size/color I need I just get it anyway because I love the piece...then hope for it to go on sale within 30 days afterwards so I can get a price adjustment. I had been lucky over the past few months on Ebay with some replacement pieces in a smaller size that QVC doesn't sell anymore.

Since Sept 2018 when I started to lose weight, I went from a size 2X/3X and now inbetween an 8 & 10. Very recently I have been able to zip up a few jeans in a size 8...over the moon! They are a bit snug, but I didn't have to lay on the bed and hold my breath...LOL I figure another 5 lbs loss and they will fit perfect.

One of those jeans was Candice Cameron Bure's straight leg ankle jeans - A396635. I just ordered a size 6 in both the big sur medium wash & the malibu light wash (currently the last one of both in that size...I was VERY lucky!). I'm pushing the envelope to get down just one more size. That is also an example of buying pieces that are not on sale because sizing is limited...LOVE these jeans! I have been wearing the size 10 and they are too big now.

Honored Contributor

I've lost 65lbs this past year. Just started walking and it melted off. I cannot believe I was as big as I was when trying on my old clothes. I've been having a ball buying a whole new wardrobe. I dropped off several bags of give-away clothes at my local shelterthe other day and the gril said they love when I donate because I give such good stuff. Before I walked out they were tearing the bags open.LOL I live in a very rural community and I feel so satisfied giving my clothes away to those who can really use them. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

wow, I am literally impressed by all of your weight loss!   I have trouble with the willpower to get my extra 5 pounds off!  Would any of you share your weight loss secrets???   

@Susan Louise  Yours was quite dramatic, congrats for your hard work and effort.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

wow, I am literally impressed by all of your weight loss!   I have trouble with the willpower to get my extra 5 pounds off!  Would any of you share your weight loss secrets???   

@Susan Louise  Yours was quite dramatic, congrats for your hard work and effort.

@Susan Louise  Congratulations! I'd like to know too! 🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss!

I would love to have your wardrobe problems! 😂

-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations and have a great time shopping for your new wardrobe. 

About 3 years ago, I lost 30 pounds and have kept it off.  I'm tall so there wasn't a "HUGE" difference in the look and feel of my clothes but I did have to get a few new things and got rid of a few as well.  I had a casual khaki blazer/jacket that I wore years ago that had gotten too snug on me.  I also had a pair of off-white jeans that I bought on clearance over 10 years ago that were too small for me at the time but thought I would lose weight and get into them.  It just occurred to me a couple of weeks ago to try on these two items because of my weight loss three years ago (duh).  The jacket/blazer is plenty roomy for me and the jeans were a great fit.  I was thrilled.......it's the small things in life!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal   @Starpolisher  It's no secret...

I've posted several times about DH & I changing our lifestyle since Sept 2018...so it has been almost 3 years and far from dramatic/short period...LOL

I started this thread in early 2019...the OP is LONG...

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/For-those-that-believe-in-low-fat-diets/td-p/5353543

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Thank you! 🤗

-Kahlil Gibran