Honored Contributor

The $ide Effect$ of Lo$ing weight

90% of my pant$ are too big now - and $lowly replacing them through the lunchtime $pecials.

I think I'm about done for now.

Gotta $tart working on tops now.  I just put four SG peachskin shirts in the donation bag.

(So happy my shoes still fit.)

Honored Contributor

Re: The $ide Effect$ of Lo$ing weight

@ALRATIBA wrote:

90% of my pant$ are too big now - and $lowly replacing them through the lunchtime $pecials.

I think I'm about done for now.

Gotta $tart working on tops now.  I just put four SG peachskin shirts in the donation bag.

(So happy my shoes still fit.)

Congratulations @ALRATIBA . Good luck in finding pretty replacements!

Honored Contributor

Now the fun starts!  Hope you find some great replacements!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

The strangest thing - people started asking me if I had lost weight months ago and I said no - then all of a sudden, the numbers on the scale were lower and my pants were too big.

-------------------------------------------

@ECBG wrote:

Now the fun starts!  Hope you find some great replacements!

Super Contributor

How funny.  I just finally donated all my "too big" clothes too.  I liked my clothes so it was kinda difficult.  When my DIL told me my clothes are too big..... well, that did it.  Away they went.  Hubby was confused why I didn't want to part with them....oh well.  

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss @ALRATIBA .

It's my understanding that the health benefits from weight loss will be far more valuable than any piece of clothing tossed, donated or bought.

Honored Contributor

@soozer 

I know what you mean .... 

--------------------------------------------

@soozer wrote:

How funny.  I just finally donated all my "too big" clothes too.  I liked my clothes so it was kinda difficult.  When my DIL told me my clothes are too big..... well, that did it.  Away they went.  Hubby was confused why I didn't want to part with them....oh well.  

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I lost over 20 lbs. 1.5 years ago. I gave my next door neighbor 6 bags of clothes that were mostly pants. I kept knit dresses that weren't fitted. It took a few months to replace the pants with colors that went with my tops & sweaters. I found that I didn't need as many replacements compared to what I gave away.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your weight loss @ALRATIBA .  I understand what you mean about replacing clothes.  There are so many health benefits to keeping weight down that it is worth the "issues" related to being smaller.  And it is expensive to replace a wardrobe.  Shopping lunchtime specials is a good way to go.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

That's about what I went down. 

It doesn't seem like much - but then you visualize what two 10 pound bags of potatoes looks like.

-------------------------

@Desert Lily wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I lost over 20 lbs. 1.5 years ago. I gave my next door neighbor 6 bags of clothes that were mostly pants. I kept knit dresses that weren't fitted. It took a few months to replace the pants with colors that went with my tops & sweaters. I found that I didn't need as many replacements compared to what I gave away.