Respected Contributor

There have been several discussions on how the hosts stand. Y'all know......."the pose" with the legs crossed?? I noticed Katie Couric standing the same way. This looks awkward to me, & I figured it was just something L.R. came up with,lol..

Esteemed Contributor

yes, it does look awkward.....I am expecting, someday, one of them will fall over...being off balance like that....

Super Contributor

It relieves the strain on your lower back and legs when standing for a long time and takes pressure off one foot at a time if your feet are hurting.

Honored Contributor

Would you rather have them standing with their knees bent......looking like they were searching for a penny on the ground????????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

okie is correct on this one. Also, crossing one leg in front of another is the pose encouraged by photogs for a lot of photos because it makes one look thinner.

Honored Contributor

They're just trying to look thin.

Super Contributor

That "gotta go potty" pose is better than the Lisa R one -- hip jutting out to THERE, trying to elongate her short leg.

Contributor

About a year or so ago I was reading one of the entertainment magazines and it was an article explaining the best way to pose for the camera. Must be something to it