Honored Contributor

Re: The horror of an underwire bra

The ones that poked me were metal

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 

I probably would never have switched from underwires if I hadn't started suffering from the terrible pain.  I know many factors were probably involved which led to my situation - but in any event -- I was so glad that my doctor suggested that this could be the problem -- an easy fix!    

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman----oh thanks--yes I am well-

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

You haven't lived........unless you have had to wear a "merry widow" under a bridesmaid gown...........

I had one. They called it a bustier, strapless. I was wearing one on the dance floor under a jacket, at the disco, then my bustier decided to fold in half!!Woman Surprised I was exposed and didn't even know it!Smiley Surprised That's what I would call "The horror of and underwire bra"...LOL!!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee : ...and a SERIOUS “wardrobe malfunction”! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Well - best of 3 choices for me.  The other 2: having my breasts flying in all directions when I move or strapping them tight to my body in a deforming sweaty mess.  My choice is underwires, which are sometimes painful.  I don't think everyone needs to wear them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Kachina624 

The difference is my  wire-free bras have a bottom band and underwire doesn't.  Apparently, I need a botttom band on my bra!   

I'm rather "unendowed" (barely "B") - not enough there to keep the wires in place.   I would imagine if someone had a larger cup size, there would be no issue keeping it in place.

Never again!

There was definitely something wrong with the bra you wore.  The bottom band is the most important part of the bra, providing support, underwire or not.

Super Contributor

I wear an underwire bra every day with no problems and I'm small. 

Honored Contributor

I cannot wear anything but an underwire without losing myself altogether.

As I have mentioned in the past, since "dramatic" weight loss, my "curves" have endured  a sorrowful slump, but by scooping everything into a team of underwires, I HAVE A SHAPE AGAIN!

I bend forward, catch every little snippet of flopping, wrinkly, permanently stretched skin, fasten my "secret" bra snap together, stand up straight and tall, and VOILÀ!!!! BOSOM!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all, and please keep my secret!!!!

Honored Contributor

I sometimes buy bras on sale, and if they happen to be underwire, and I like the fit/style/etc., then I just use an Exacto knife and make a teeny-tiny slit at the end of the wire and slip it out.  

They don't fall apart, etc. because I hand wash and line dry most of my bras and delicate items.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@NAES1 

I probably would never have switched from underwires if I hadn't started suffering from the terrible pain.  I know many factors were probably involved which led to my situation - but in any event -- I was so glad that my doctor suggested that this could be the problem -- an easy fix!    

T h a n k  you, @AngelPuppy1  for your     

December  24th / nice thoughtful reply.  I was not here on the 24th, nor on 

~~~Christmas Day,

~~ nor most of the 26th.

"....actually just signed on a few minutes ago"...

~ Thursday late, the 26th.  

I certainly agree and definitely went through this same back and forth nuisance. 

As I mentioned earlier, very interested in the book from a few posters ago 3 days ago, though.