Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The “half tuck” with tops

I think it looks kind of cute with a casual tee & jeans. Every time I try it for myself though, I think it looks strange, or that I’m trying too hard to look “cool”. Guess I’m just used to tucking or untucking completely.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sharke wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Has anyone ever SEEN anyone wearing their top in a half tuck? Nope. Only models do that look in ads for tops. 

Yes, and I do it all the time.

We got Meghan Markle to thank for this. Back when she was popular she set that horror in place. LOL  Attention seeker move.

Oh, please. The half tuck (or "French tuck") has been popular for many years.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@sharke wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Has anyone ever SEEN anyone wearing their top in a half tuck? Nope. Only models do that look in ads for tops. 

We got Meghan Markle to thank for this. Back when she was popular she set that horror in place. LOL  Attention seeker move.

Exactly - the French tuck is not new.  

But yes, one Duchess is a fan.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sharke wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I have seen Meghan blamed for a lot of things, but this one takes the cake.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was just saying, people, when they were in England the people would copy everything Meghan did. the day she was at a tennis match or some casual event she had this look going on , then, it went viral .

Just like last night a former first lady wore a necklace that said V O T E on it and it's sold out.

People copy anything they see a celebrity do. Even Kate Middleton's kids have the power to appear in something and everybody goes ape trying to find it.

fickled world. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it and wear it that way.  I also tuck in tops completely.  It does define the waist.  It also looks very neat. I really dislike tunics and long tops.  The shorter they are, the better.  Ideally shorter then the 27" that QVC offers.  And certainly much shorter then the worst offender....Susan Graver and that Logo woman.  Isaac usually has shorter tops.  Denim & Co seems to hover in between, but they do emphasizes the tunics. I'm 5'4" and I consider myself short.  I can imagine some petite women think QVC's tops are sometimes like dresses over pants. Most of the tops I get are much shorter and from mall stores.

Almost all the hosts (that are thin) semi tuck.   The only things I wear longer are sweaters.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@sharke wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Agreed.  I always referred to it as the French Tuck.  It's been around for a long time now.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I see half tuck all the time. I think it's cute. It's not even that big a deal for me to think twice about. The things that get people worked up here never cease to amaze me. Some of you have serious issues.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

A simple tuck can eliminate 10 pounds in a matter of seconds. Especially if the hem of your top hits right at the widest part of your hips because then you look as if you're that thick all the way down! Obscuring the fact that you have a waist will always make you look heavier 

The models are always wearing shirts hanging out. Why do the hosts need to do it too?!

Seeing a garment worn in only one manner does not inspire me to purchase

I will tuck something in the front when it's hanging down and looking dumpy on me. lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

IMHO only...kind of a pathetic attempt to say "I'm hip". Hope it stops soon. Looks sloppy to me.