Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The “half tuck” with tops

Whenever I see it on anyone anywhere it makes me think of the young men who wear the waist line of their pants down around their knees.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't  like the half-tuck either.  Looks like the blouse got stuck in an awkward position when they pulled up their pants and the wearer didn't realize what happened. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I like the half tuck, and have been doing it occasionally for years.  I tried it and thought it looked good on my figure.  It's certainly not new and not for everyone. I don't care if a style has some sort of invisible expiration date. I usually wear what I think works well for me. Not driven so much by what's currently in style. If I don't feel it looks nice on me, I will not wear it. However, I will probably stop the half tuck only if my tummy gets too large. I've been home a lot, and eating more, but so far, so good.  Smiley Happy  To be clear, if a top is shown on a clothing show, it should be shown out, so that those who don't like half tuck will see the length, etc. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Half tucks, high/low hems and mullet haircuts, my thought it is same. 

Just pick a length already. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Has anyone ever SEEN anyone wearing their top in a half tuck? Nope. Only models do that look in ads for tops. 

Yes, and I do it all the time.

We got Meghan Markle to thank for this. Back when she was popular she set that horror in place. LOL  Attention seeker move.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh brother.

Highlighted
Contributor

I think the half tuck looks sloppy or you are trying too hard to look hip.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We were in grocery the other day and this young girl came strolling down the aisle with frayed hem shorts on up to the ying yang, half tuck in her waist band and low V neck.

Yep,  work it girl, work it !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJ12 wrote:

Oh brother.

Yes, @MJ12, and I've heard that she has also single-handledy caused climate change. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

QVC hosts appear to me as trying too hard to be trendy.   They just end up looking sloppy and anything but trendy.  I don't see the look out and about on my travels.