Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The “half tuck” with tops

IMHO it looks sloppy.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I still tuck blouses or tops in OR wear tees untucked with shorts or jeans. The half-tuck appears sloppy and like the wearer forgot to finish dressing after using the restroom. Is the toilet paper on her shoes, too? LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I do it is if the top doesn't hang just right and / or the fabric is too thin.

Whenever I see the hosts or models doing the tuck - I just assume there is an issue with the hemline that they are attempting to hide.

----------------

Slightly O/T - it's like SG when she ties up the front of her shirt / duster / etc.  - looks terrible.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

One plus size gal did that today. Wasn't flattering. Looked awful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A simple tuck can eliminate 10 pounds in a matter of seconds. Especially if the hem of your top hits right at the widest part of your hips because then you look as if you're that thick all the way down! Obscuring the fact that you have a waist will always make you look heavier 

The models are always wearing shirts hanging out. Why do the hosts need to do it too?!

Seeing a garment worn in only one manner does not inspire me to purchase

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever SEEN anyone wearing their top in a half tuck? Nope. Only models do that look in ads for tops. 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think the half-tuck looks great when done well.  IMO, it's done very well when it's a t-shirt and jeans outfit, and you don't carry extra weight in your middle.

An example of half-tucking and always getting it wrong is nearly any attempt worn by Pat Dementri.  She half tucks so many of her tops, especially those Susan Graver liquid knit tops.  Then she let's it hang too loose down over her waist, to hide what she calls her thick middle.  The overall look is then just sloppy.  Why do it at all? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Has anyone ever SEEN anyone wearing their top in a half tuck? Nope. Only models do that look in ads for tops. 

Yes, and I do it all the time.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Just remember not everyone can pull off every look nor will everyone agree on what does and does not look good. Do what makes you happy and feel good, knowing there will always be someone who won’t like it for whatever reason! Be comfortable in your own skin
Highlighted
Super Contributor

And then there are the Peace Love World half tucks.  Don't even get me started.