Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The “half tuck” with tops

I use the half tuck if I need to pare down some volume.

I agree with the OP.  It's hard to shop without seeing the style.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ko wrote:

HALF TUCK - so 2016. 

But.... to each their own.

If it's"so 2016," somebody better inform all of the catalogs/online retailers that are still showing clothes that way!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have nothing against anyone doing it if they like it and are comfortable. Now to me when I see it I can't help but think they got in to big of a hurry in the bathroom and forgot to either tuck it all the way in or just got it caught up in the front of their pants and don't realize it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If I was thin enough I would try it.  Not sure I'd be comfortable with it since it just looks like you didn't finish getting dressed.  But if I was to try it now, being fluffy- it would simply look like the rest of the shirt didn't fit into my pants LOLOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am a  "half tucker." Smiley Indifferent

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I do it a lot with my casual wear, e.g, joggers and jeans, but I get that people shopping need to first see the items as the majority would wear them.  Then maybe play with them to show show tucks, knots, or belts, for the rest of the crowd.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I feel like a tuck. Sometimes I don't. It just depends on what top it is and also the bottoms, especially if I want my belt to show in the front. I like wearing stylish belts with pretty buckles or closures.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do the half tuck with casual clothing mainly because so many shirts are too long on me and are almost tunic length (and I don’t buy tunics) and I think it looks better on me half tucked. I know I need to just buy petites but sometimes I see shirts that I like that don’t come in petites.  But I do understand when modeling a piece of clothing for sale it would be more helpful to not do the half tuck. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hate the half tuck.  Just looks goofy.  Maybe OK with one of those Kim G. tees that has it pera-tied on the side or in a bow, that looks OK.  

Otherwise it's a fail.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's because the tee is boxy, no shape