Honored Contributor

The great semi-annual closet switch!

That time of year again and I wasn't looking forward to it. But this weekend heat-wave was the nudge I needed.

I "forgot" that I bought all that stuff at the summer clearance sales last year from LandsEnd, JCP and QVC.  

Anyway ..... I started last night and did the shoe swtch and about half of the clothes switch and dropped off two bags at the "recycle" tent at our Greenmarket.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The great semi-annual closet switch!

So did you complete the project @ALRATIBA ?  I'm sure it was nice to come across the goodies from last year's clearance!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

No - I still have a closet of "dressy" clothes to tackle, and a basket of stuff to wash after being packed away.  

And - have to move stuff around in the closets.

I should be all done by this time next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

So did you complete the project @ALRATIBA ?  I'm sure it was nice to come across the goodies from last year's clearance!

Honored Contributor

Changing clothes and cleaning closets!!!!

Woman.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you & I hope you enjoy your new finds.  Last week when we had a 4 day heat wave, I got my summer clothes and shoes ready for summer which is my least favorite time of the year. I lost a little weight and most of my clothes were too big.  One large garbage bag went to St.Vincent's.

I purchased a few things when we were on vacation a few weeks ago and a pair of red 97% cotton 2% spandex shorts from our outlet store this week. They were originally priced at $39.99 reduced to $3.99 & I got  an additional 25% off.  $3.00 was too good to pass on. I have to alter them the width of the hem as my legs are short and I like them just above my knees.

Glenda

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA Good luck with the switch. Do you pack some clothing and shoes for storage? Or are you just needing to move summer into your main closet? I am trying to be more organized and could use suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@On It 

A combination .... I have three closets - two for clothes - one for coats and jackets.   Coats and jackets just move from front to back with current season in front.

Out-of-season shoes go into a mesh basket - in the back of the closet and current season go on the shoe racks. 

I have storage boxes for out-of-season clothes. Closets aren't big enough for me to hang everything.

It's also my time to evaluate whether or or not something is worth keeping - or should I donate it.  I lost weight - so quite a bit is going to Goodwill or the clothing recycling.  

------------------------------------

@On It wrote:

@ALRATIBA Good luck with the switch. Do you pack some clothing and shoes for storage? Or are you just needing to move summer into your main closet? I am trying to be more organized and could use suggestions.