Honored Contributor

The great semi-annual closet switch!

That time of year again and I wasn't looking forward to it. But this weekend heat-wave was the nudge I needed.

I "forgot" that I bought all that stuff at the summer clearance sales last year from LandsEnd, JCP and QVC.  

Anyway ..... I started last night and did the shoe swtch and about half of the clothes switch and dropped off two bags at the "recycle" tent at our Greenmarket.

Honored Contributor

Re: The great semi-annual closet switch!

So did you complete the project @ALRATIBA ?  I'm sure it was nice to come across the goodies from last year's clearance!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

No - I still have a closet of "dressy" clothes to tackle, and a basket of stuff to wash after being packed away.  

And - have to move stuff around in the closets.

I should be all done by this time next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

So did you complete the project @ALRATIBA ?  I'm sure it was nice to come across the goodies from last year's clearance!

Honored Contributor

Changing clothes and cleaning closets!!!!

Woman.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you & I hope you enjoy your new finds.  Last week when we had a 4 day heat wave, I got my summer clothes and shoes ready for summer which is my least favorite time of the year. I lost a little weight and most of my clothes were too big.  One large garbage bag went to St.Vincent's.

I purchased a few things when we were on vacation a few weeks ago and a pair of red 97% cotton 2% spandex shorts from our outlet store this week. They were originally priced at $39.99 reduced to $3.99 & I got  an additional 25% off.  $3.00 was too good to pass on. I have to alter them the width of the hem as my legs are short and I like them just above my knees.

Glenda

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA Good luck with the switch. Do you pack some clothing and shoes for storage? Or are you just needing to move summer into your main closet? I am trying to be more organized and could use suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@On It 

A combination .... I have three closets - two for clothes - one for coats and jackets.   Coats and jackets just move from front to back with current season in front.

Out-of-season shoes go into a mesh basket - in the back of the closet and current season go on the shoe racks. 

I have storage boxes for out-of-season clothes. Closets aren't big enough for me to hang everything.

It's also my time to evaluate whether or or not something is worth keeping - or should I donate it.  I lost weight - so quite a bit is going to Goodwill or the clothing recycling.  

------------------------------------

@On It wrote:

@ALRATIBA Good luck with the switch. Do you pack some clothing and shoes for storage? Or are you just needing to move summer into your main closet? I am trying to be more organized and could use suggestions.