Honored Contributor

I used to shop there a lot.  Now it's closing.  Bebe was known for their "sexy" (read skin tight dresses) look.  I loved their jeans.  Their dress trousers were nice too.  Mall will look strange with out them.  They had been there since the mall first open. 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/21/news/companies/bebe-closing-stores/index.html

Respected Contributor

I always saw this brand being worn by the younger set for sure.  Especially the Items with Bebe splashed all over the tops and your bottom.

Juicy Coutoure always reminded me of their competition and Juicy ended up with a line in Kohls..which to me cheapens the original brand.

Honored Contributor

This is typical of Bebe.  It is tight, if it's sexy, it's sold

bebe Dresses & Skirts - Bebe black corset dress, S, 2, new, satin, tight

Frequent Contributor

If I had that body and was 110 years younger I'd wear it!

Honored Contributor

I remember walking by Bebe...on my way to Chicos or J Jill..lol   That's a store my girls would shop at.  Even if I had the body for Bebe, I wouldn't have shopped there.

Honored Contributor

I just saw on MSN they are closing all 175 of their stores.  What a shame.

I never shopped at the store but I hate to see this happening.

Esteemed Contributor

Yet another store chain aimed at young women who don't shop in malls anymore. Bebe has a full page ad in the new May issue of People Stylewatch. I would guess those young women don't read print magazines either so the ad is a waste of money on more than one count -- it's wasted ad dollars on potential customers who don't shop there and since the stores are closing, it doesn't matter what they are selling since it's all eventually going on clearance and being liquidated.

Honored Contributor

I did not shop at Bebe but I hate to hear they are closing so is The Limited.  This is not good news.  Larger stores are closing stores.  There sure will be a lot of people unemployed.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't think their clothing changed with the times

Trusted Contributor

I remember back in the day, a lot of people wore BeBe clothes and especially the shirts with the BEBE Logo on the front.  I could never fit in most of their items but I appreciated the style of the clothes.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!