Respected Contributor

Re: The eighth wonder of the world

I think it's for younger women, women who want to be a little different from more conservative dressers. People in the artistic, creative communities like to be a little different than the "button-down" crowd. To each his own, right?

Respected Contributor

I think the idea is you are compelled to buy more pieces because of the layering
Honored Contributor

*Snapping my finger to make the popcorn eating deer appear.*

Esteemed Contributor

I really believe in "to each his/her own" - and variety is the spice of life. So I sincerely hope anyone who buys Lori's things loves and enjoys them. I don't care for her line, but then a lot of people would never buy Denim & Co, like I have on occasion. It's all personal taste, and shouldn't cause arguments among people.

That said, sometimes when I watch her, especially in the getup she had on yesterday with all the colors, layers, ruffles, and print hanging out, it crossed my mind that maybe she is just playing with everybody. Maybe she's just designing this line to promote her "name" even more, draw attention to herself as a "stylist", make this into a bigger trend (because people do follow trends) and then she's just sitting back laughing about it and raking in the money!

I seriously wonder sometimes if this is all a big joke and she's just having a good laugh while getting even richer! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}Wink{#emotions_dlg.blink}

I also know and agree that some of her pieces are okay worn singly, just not the way Lori wears them. She is the one who I think gives the whole line a "bad name" in some people's view because of the way she wears them.

Contributor

I own a few pieces of Lori's tops and I wear them very well. I like to wear different styles of clothing and my closet shows that. I do not get how some women will demean others who like Lori's style of clothing. For me, when I look at Louis Dell'Olio clothes I find them very stuffy, but would never demean some of the women that love his clothes on QVC.

Honored Contributor

The colors are gorgeous. She knows colors. The execution....well that's not good. It's the same thing every season. After a while she will have to try something new as that style will eventually become dated. Her leggings are pretty good by the way.

Valued Contributor

On 2/17/2015 luv2buyshoes said:

I own a few pieces of Lori's tops and I wear them very well. I like to wear different styles of clothing and my closet shows that. I do not get how some women will demean others who like Lori's style of clothing. For me, when I look at Louis Dell'Olio clothes I find them very stuffy, but would never demean some of the women that love his clothes on QVC.

I absolutely agree. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same taste and wore the same style? There are some styles I like and others I don't. But it is my choice. I would never put down anyone who wore something that was not "my style". {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Super Contributor

On 2/17/2015 mcgoo said: I was beginning to think I was the only one who was wondering why would any woman wear these hideous clothes? Maybe I'm not alone.

I wear them because they are comfortable, very flattering on me, and because I get a lot of compliments when I wear them. They drape and flow like nothing else on my body.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Trusted Contributor

I've said this on multiple threads, but I'll say it again: Most of Lori's pieces (IMO) look much better worn simply one at a time rather than layered in multiples as she often shows them. Even if I wouldn't wear them as shown, I always enjoy seeing the way Lori combines colors and pieces in unexpected ways. I don't like every single LOGO item, but I love the sense of mix-and-match freedom and creativity, and I think some of her design elements are different and very attractive. I haven't purchased any LOGO, as my closet is overstocked at the moment, but I do like many LOGO offerings. Lori has a wonderful personality and creative spirit, and I find her LOGO shows among the most entertaining and interesting on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the LOGO pieces would probably fit my taste if worn solo without all the layering. However, some pieces like the vest in last night's show will never find their way to my closet.