Honored Contributor

Re: The dress Lisa wore last night can be found at Nordstrom's for $2,990.00

On 3/30/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 3/30/2014 winamac1 said:
On 3/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I wonder if she is ever "loaned" dresses and things to wear? I bet she gets a lot of "promotional" items.

I did not see the dress.

I'd never pay $2,900 for a dress unless it was a "first-time" wedding dress, LOL.

I highly doubt Nordstroms or any brick and mortar retail store would loan a shopping channel host a dress. Lisa is not a celebrity outside of QVC.

loved the dress.....and it looked good on lisa.

i didnt even spend that much on my wedding dress!

Our local news woman has a personal shopper. The anchor wears something and then the personal shopper consigns the items. Lisa might be doing this.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the dress, and I'm sure it was lovely. I couldn't care less what she wears on a beauty show.

BUT, imo, hosts on fashion shows should always be wearing QVC clothing.

I don't think Lisa gets clothing for free from Nordstroms or any other retailer. I think that Mark Zunino gets paid by QVC to make dresses for Lisa for the Vincenza shows, etc., and then he probably gets the dresses back.

What Lisa wears on air for beauty shows is what she pays for herself. At least that's my take on it.

IMO, LIsa, nor any other show host, is a celebrity outside of QVC.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Shawn was also wearing a lovely color-blocked dress just a couple of days ago . . . not a fashion show either. I think it was the Rick and Shawn show. First time I noticed what a great figure she has.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Personally, if I were in charge at the Q I would require all hosts to wear Q clothing. Obviously not the men as the Q doesn't carry male fashion. This way no matter what they're selling they would be a walking advertisement for QVC.

Honored Contributor

Models 'get to wear' various high end 'samples' for high-end fashion shows (in stores, runways, etc.). Then the items are, of course, returned to the store/designer. I'm thinking that there are lots of 'samples' floating around for 'celebrities, news anchors, etc. to wear one time (or so) only. Could be a tax write off for the designer/store, etc. I don't know anything about the tax laws, though. Also: I'm thinking that each person in the US is allowed to 'gift' 10K or possibly a bit more each year to a person, and anything over that would have to be taxed to the person giving the 'gift' (?), and not to the receiver of the gift? (Called a 'gift tax'). (Sounds wrong as I write this)..........But, I could be wrong, and I don't know if an ITEM worth that amount (or under) would qualify. Any legal people out there will correct, I'm sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Personally, if I were in charge at the Q I would require all hosts to wear Q clothing. Obviously not the men as the Q doesn't carry male fashion. This way no matter what they're selling they would be a walking advertisement for QVC.

You would think….yes…it is a walking advertisement for QVC.

I am baffled by those that think hosts can write off their clothing. Why wouldn't every person working in this world be able to write off their clothing too for their job?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

On 3/29/2014 Skylands said:

Jason Wu Botanical Appliqué Tweed Sheath Dress

As said before, Lisa always tries to be on the cutting edge of fashion but somehow misses the mark. What looks good on a tall slender model just doesn't translate the same on someone much shorter. That hemline was several inches lower on Lisa and it made her legs look like stumps. No, it's not a retro hemline as someone one suggested, it was just too long on Lisa. If you're going to wear a pricey dress one would think you could at least adjust the hemline. Lisa so lacks that stylish fashion sense that everyone attributes to her. Her mindset I'll never understand. She's always always so awkward. The way she wore this dress was no exception.

Regular Contributor

Who cares? I have my own taste...

Super Contributor

This whole mindset on Lisa's "high end bags, Laboutin shoes, designer dresses" just seems extremely pretentious to me. Frankly I don't care how hosts spend their money or what they buy in their private life, but why would anyone wear clothing that is recognizable from a vendor that is not carried by the shopping channel she works for Its almost like passive aggressive advertising. I say this because I'm a rep for a handbag company and when I am working and visiting the retailers that carry my line, you can be sure that the handbag on my arm is one from my company.
Valued Contributor

What show was the dress on? I want to see what has all the fingers wagging. I am of the opinion that the Q hosts should not be obligated to wear only clothes that QVC sells. Maybe put the item being presented on while showing it, but most of the Q's clothes are unfashionable and why would the hosts want to wear them for all the world to see? That's what the models are for. THEY wear the clothes. Are the sales women in Nordstrom supposed to wear only clothes available there? Makes no sense to me. I want to see this dress!