Honored Contributor

Re: The dress Lisa wore last night can be found at Nordstrom's for $2,990.00

On 3/30/2014 winamac1 said:

My wedding dress was $700 in 1999.

mine in 1989 was around $400 plus the alterations.....bought "off the rack" at a wedding dress shop. Smile it was a gorgeous dress, even at that low price!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 tdog said:

What show was the dress on? I want to see what has all the fingers wagging. I am of the opinion that the Q hosts should not be obligated to wear only clothes that QVC sells. Maybe put the item being presented on while showing it, but most of the Q's clothes are unfashionable and why would the hosts want to wear them for all the world to see? That's what the models are for. THEY wear the clothes. Are the sales women in Nordstrom supposed to wear only clothes available there? Makes no sense to me. I want to see this dress!

check out the beauty show videos from friday night....that is when she was wearing the dress.

Jason Wu Botanical Appliqué Tweed Sheath Dress in Beige (Greige) - Lyst

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

And this is Lisa in the dress from her QVC FB page.

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 tdog said:

What show was the dress on? I want to see what has all the fingers wagging. I am of the opinion that the Q hosts should not be obligated to wear only clothes that QVC sells. Maybe put the item being presented on while showing it, but most of the Q's clothes are unfashionable and why would the hosts want to wear them for all the world to see? That's what the models are for. THEY wear the clothes. Are the sales women in Nordstrom supposed to wear only clothes available there? Makes no sense to me. I want to see this dress!

Not a good analogy. The sales associates at Nordie's are not on air for all the world to see nor are they looked to by customers as necessarily having great fashion sense. LR especially is touted as being a fashion expert and someone we should wish to emulate as in GILI. The others all take great pains with what they wear. My Nordie sales associate looks more what I would call "serviceable".

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 3/30/2014 tdog said:

Not a good analogy. The sales associates at Nordie's are not on air for all the world to see nor are they looked to by customers as necessarily having great fashion sense. LR especially is touted as being a fashion expert and someone we should wish to emulate as in GILI. The others all take great pains with what they wear. My Nordie sales associate looks more what I would call "serviceable".

ITA BCB And…. a lot of the SA's at Nordies DO wear their clothing. I see it often. The same goes for clerks at Express, the Limited, Ann Taylor, Loft, etc. They are "strongly" encouraged to wear the clothing sold and are given, as the hosts at QVC are, a very liberal discount. Some stores insist that their clothing be worn.

Thanks for the picture of the dress. I actually ilke it, but it's a bit "off" in length. It's several inches too long for her. It's not worth 3K, but it is very pretty and unique.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

That dress is not all that and I am sure you can find a knock off of that dress. I can't believe that it costs almost $3000. It's just s khaki dress with black trimming on the front.
Valued Contributor

The dress looks like what we used to call a "sheath" dress. Must be the fabric that makes it so expensive. I agree with what one poster called the "batman" graphics! I stand by my comment that the models are there to wear the Q fashions. We have all read comments about how bad some TSV looks on the hosts, or how awful that LOGO top looked on someone. Why should the hosts be made to wear anything that makes them look unattractive? Let the models look unattractive. The camera doesn't lie. If the host looks bad in something, and you are shaped like that host, it is not a good motivator to sell the item. Lisa almost always looks good in what she chooses to wear. I really can't see her in D&C crops and an embroidered camp shirt.

Super Contributor

On 3/30/2014 tdog said:

The dress looks like what we used to call a "sheath" dress. Must be the fabric that makes it so expensive. I agree with what one poster called the "batman" graphics! I stand by my comment that the models are there to wear the Q fashions. We have all read comments about how bad some TSV looks on the hosts, or how awful that LOGO top looked on someone. Why should the hosts be made to wear anything that makes them look unattractive? Let the models look unattractive. The camera doesn't lie. If the host looks bad in something, and you are shaped like that host, it is not a good motivator to sell the item. Lisa almost always looks good in what she chooses to wear. I really can't see her in D&C crops and an embroidered camp shirt.

Actually tdog, it's a rayon/cotton blend which is in no way, shape or form an expensive fabric. I don't care if it was woven in Mirkwood by the hobbits! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

And there are plenty of attractive fashions on the Q that would flatter any wearer. Every host doesn't have to wear every featured line but rather something sold by their employer. As winamac noted, many stores are now requiring this. Surely each host could find something from the thousands of offerings here to wear.

Super Contributor

You're paying for the name. That's why it's so expensive. That dress didn't appeal to me and no, I'm not jealous. I have some very nice things myself. I bet you could find a knockoff of that dress. I looked it up on Nordstrom and BCB is right. It's just a cotton rayon blend material. Lisa tries too hard to be high end and 5th Avenue and it ends up coming off fake. I'm agreeing with those that say she will have a knockoff of that dress in the GILI line soon. Wait for it.
Valued Contributor

Truthfully she should only wear what can be purchased through QVC when she is on. I do not care what she does in her personal life. Who agrees with me?