Valued Contributor

Re: The dress Lisa wore last night can be found at Nordstrom's for $2,990.00

On 3/29/2014 upsidedown said:

No way I think she pays that much for a dress.....it could be a knockoff.....a dollar a day?

I think all hosts should be required to wear QVC clothing on-air....if it isn't good enough for them to wear, why should viewers buy it?

^^^ this!
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2014 BeckiWV said:

I don't know about the dress but I did like the little white jacket she had on tonight with Laura Gellar. I wondered if it was G.I.L.I. Very cute.

i asked about that earlier on in this thread.....loved it! i was wondering if anyone recognized that piece?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

At first I thought the hem was too long but as the show went on I started to like the longer length. It kind of looks like a retro 40's look. I also loved the $1,000 Loubie red sole shoes she had on.
Occasional Contributor

I only spent about 2 minutes perusing comments about Lisa's dress. I can't help but comment... Kudos to Lisa for being so accomplished and for taking such good care of herself. Don't forget...this is her job. I could never imagine her begrudging someone if they 'could not' afford something...... QVC is available to 300,000,000 homes worldwide ~ wouldn't you want to look the best that you could? (That should be the case no matter what your job or station in life is)... I'm not looking to get slammed, just being fair. Women should have one another's backs. Life Is Short, Make It Beautiful...
Super Contributor

A rayon/cotton blend sleeveless dress for $2990?! And it's so blah looking. What a total waste of good money.

Regular Contributor

I'm not generally negative on here but that dress was down right ugly.....what a waste of money.

Honored Contributor

It's all a tax write off. How do you know it wasn't loaned to her. It is nice to see her not getting bashed.

She looked beautiful.

Super Contributor

Jason Wu recently had a line at Target. Perhaps he's about to be on QVC as well. Wasn't that the route Isaac took? High fashion to Target to the Q.

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I wonder if she is ever "loaned" dresses and things to wear? I bet she gets a lot of "promotional" items.

I did not see the dress.

I'd never pay $2,900 for a dress unless it was a "first-time" wedding dress, LOL.

I highly doubt Nordstroms or any brick and mortar retail store would loan a shopping channel host a dress. Lisa is not a celebrity outside of QVC.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2014 annabellethecat said:

It's all a tax write off. How do you know it wasn't loaned to her. It is nice to see her not getting bashed.

She looked beautiful.

It is not a tax write off. Lisa R. cannot write off clothes she wears on air. No show host can. IF you can wear clothes outside of your job, you can't write them off. Policemen, firemen and postmen are types of people who can write off their clothing, etc.

Anyone in sales would write off their clothes if they could. I am in sales, and I can't write off my work clothes or any other clothing. People who wear "uniforms" can sometimes write their clothing off.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"