Respected Contributor

Re: The downside of losing Joy Mangano

Where did Joy go? Didn't she have frequent TSV's on HSN? I don't watch that channel but thought that she was a fixture ob HSN?

Respected Contributor

I miss Iman and Joy too. I would always be in trouble when Iman was on with her clothing line. I can't understand what happened there. Huggable Hangers are the best. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I had to guess what happened between Joy and HSN it would be about the money...isn't always? Either someone wanted more or someone was offering less. Either way, it didn't work out and the contract ended.

Respected Contributor

I would bet that Joy Mangano will show up somehere--Evine/ stores ? I have a closet full of her hangers and think there are none that compare in my experience. The only Iman item I purchased was a coat and felt it was a well made garment. 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I would bet that Joy Mangano will show up somehere--Evine/ stores ? I have a closet full of her hangers and think there are none that compare in my experience. The only Iman item I purchased was a coat and felt it was a well made garment. 

I think I read somewhere that said HSN bought the rights to sell some of her products that fell under the Ingenious Designs label. So she would have to sell a renamed and rebranded product if she sold them some place else under her name. For example, they wouldn't be called 'Huggable Hangers' any longer.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually just heard this morning from a host that Iman will be back.  She did not have a date as of yet.  I am glad.  She really did have a good line of clothing. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I know Iman has a line of make-up now, I don't know when she began it. I'd love to see her clothing again, her jeans fit me perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought Iman's makeup years ago and LOVED it before she went to HSN as a clothing designer. Many of her clothing and jewelry items from her Global Chic line now grace my closet, and are well made. Perhaps SHE jumped ship, as I read that the quality of her line was lacking towards the end. It would be wonderful if she woud return and rebrand herself with something new and exciting.

~~~All we need is love💖

Valued Contributor

Loved Iman’s clothes, but Joy’s products were take or it leave it, except the hangers.  I have two leather jackets, mini purses, countless casual tops and blouses, and pants by Iman and they are terrific. I have cleaned up during the purge of her items on clearance. I miss her style. Do you recall that day she brought those 2 pair resort wide leg palazzo pants as a daily special, was an amazing blowout sell out by 1pm. I wish she would come back, not sure I believe the rumor mill.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know that Joy and Iman went hand-in-hand.  Smiley Sad