Honored Contributor

The downside of losing Joy Mangano

Is that we've evidently also lost Iman.  I only have a couple of her things but I love them.  I never could see the pairing of those two.  

Honored Contributor

Re: The downside of losing Joy Mangano

I thought I heard someone, might have been a host there, say she may come back to do another line of fashions. Did anyone else hear that?

Esteemed Contributor

They were independant I believe, each selling their own lines and designing some items together.  They did make a good team though.  I wish Iman would come back also, I really liked her line and have many pieces.  They were both fun to watch, and those huggable hangers are the bomb!!!

Honored Contributor

I never thought they were independant.  We know that HSN bought out Joy, years ago and when Iman and Joy started partnering, I assumed HSN also bought out Iman.  Both lines were dropped at the same time which leads me to believe I was on the right track.  Iman hasn't returned and as far as I know, neither HSN nor QVC ever said that Iman would be back.  It was rumor someone started and it was repeated. Over the years, I bought hangers and steamers from Joy.  That's about it.  I bought  few Iman pieces over the years.  The styles and quality were great but she wasn't one of my "go to" designers so I didn't miss her.  Who knows.  Either one of them might end up on ShopHQ (i.e. Evine) some day.

Frequent Contributor

I miss Joy & Iman, and their offerings. Wish the Q /HSN would bring them back. Please!
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure Joy brought Iman to HSN.  I feel bad for those who liked Iman's items but it doesn't bother me that she is gone.  I wasn't a huge fan of her things.

For some reason I seem to think I read something about Iman going to Evine but I cannot remember if it was for sure or speculation.

Contributor

I was late to Iman but the few things of hers I bought I just loved. I have bought a few pairs of Diane Gillman jeans and liked them well enough but not enough to watch one of her shows. Evine is really where I found the most clothing, shoes and boots

I really like their lines a lot, I think they reallly shine in those areas compared to QVC and HSN.

Respected Contributor

I always thought they were a very awkward mashup. Two very different people with different product lines. I never bought anything from their collab.  I did buy a few very cheap items from Iman's collection.  Nothing to write home about, but good quality pieces.  Her pants were too long for me (even the petite dragged on the floor).

Honored Contributor

I could never tolerate Joy Mangano; just to hear her voice from another room would have me in a sprint for the remote.  Back in the day I purchased her set of two little steamers, which resulted in steam burn marks on my arm from them spitting up, then one just died with no warning.  I had her hangers, but then found them everywhere, even the Clutterfree hangers here are just as good to me.

I was late to Iman, but purchased her jeans after I heard she was no longer going to be on HSN, and I love them! 

Good luck to both of them. 

Honored Contributor

I thought they were thrown together in some odd partnership by HSN,

they were 2 independent of each each other vendors up til then.

Maybe Iman was just done after her husband died and the letting of Joy and general swallowing up HSN 

that's my take