Contributor

The comments on the TV models crack me up!

[ Edited ]

I usually do my QVC shopping online. I love the convenience of their website with size charts.

Today, I decided to turn on the TV show. Dennis Basso was talking about a lovely dress he was selling. His comment was, "As you can see, the style works for every size and age of woman."

Jayne Brown asked what size the young models were wearing. After checking labels, it was announced that the models were size 2, size 4, and size 8. 

Yes... that is the typical size the the avarage buyer... Ha! So funny!

Honored Contributor

Re: The comments on the TV models crack me up!

I don't like the exposed zipper ...

Respected Contributor

Jane is NO size 2 4 or 8. Silly to have only xs and xxs models.

Honored Contributor

might be true, but Q is scheduling the models they have and or are not recruiting for the right model.

If there are no larger models applying then they can't be on air 

Honored Contributor

Isn't Maria a plus-sized model?  (The brunette Maria).

Honored Contributor

@silkykWhile it might seem silly to have all the small models, I doubt it's silly.  I've been a 1X for much of my life and getting dressed was an ordeal.  When QVC seemed to have had more large models than they do now, for the most part, they cost the companies because once I saw outfits on the larger body I was almost always happy to wear what I already had in the closet!  

Lots of times we see beauty discussed as a business of fantasy.  I think that's true for clothes, too.  Seeing something on a 5'10" 1X and not loving it certainly made me at 5'3" know any fantasy I was harboring was dead!  In the real world I doubt reality sells as much as it maybe should, but humans' decisions are known to be more emotional than rational even among those of us who insist we make informed decisions more often than not.

Respected Contributor

@Q Customer Cleo wrote:

I usually do my QVC shopping online. I love the convenience of their website with size charts.

Today, I decided to turn on the TV show. Dennis Basso was talking about a lovely dress he was selling. His comment was, "As you can see, the style works for every size and age of woman."

Jayne Brown asked what size the young models were wearing. After checking labels, it was announced that the models were size 2, size 4, and size 8. 

Yes... that is the typical size the the avarage buyer... Ha! So funny!

Dennis said at the beginning of the presentation that there is no age for the dress. The models were wearing sizes 2 (Kate), 6 (Monica), and 8 (blonde Maria), and they may be “young” but are not 20-something young (I would guess 40s and up?). Dennis also frequently features the dark-haired Maria, who is a bit older and plus-sized, showing off his fashions. 

P.S. I like that dress—the little “cuff” on the cold shoulder is unique, and I like the exposed zipper. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@silkykWhile it might seem silly to have all the small models, I doubt it's silly.  I've been a 1X for much of my life and getting dressed was an ordeal.  When QVC seemed to have had more large models than they do now, for the most part, they cost the companies because once I saw outfits on the larger body I was almost always happy to wear what I already had in the closet!  

Lots of times we see beauty discussed as a business of fantasy.  I think that's true for clothes, too.  Seeing something on a 5'10" 1X and not loving it certainly made me at 5'3" know any fantasy I was harboring was dead!  In the real world I doubt reality sells as much as it maybe should, but humans' decisions are known to be more emotional than rational even among those of us who insist we make informed decisions more often than not.

@millieshops

You're being too hard on yourself and you're also giving the Q way too much credit!

a)  their styling is notoriously bad and

b)  when the size goes up the garment itself seems to change drastically! Just because it's a larger size doesn't mean the garment should fit differently and I noticed it often does. For example a straight leg pant should be a straight leg pant across-the-board and not an easy fit on the small model and a sausage casing on the larger model! Don't they use fit models?!

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

might be true, but Q is scheduling the models they have and or are not recruiting for the right model.

If there are no larger models applying then they can't be on air 

I think that IF QVC was recruiting for plus size models they would have a great response and could find models easily.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Isn't Maria a plus-sized model?  (The brunette Maria).

She is usually XL....and occasionally wears a 1X depending upon the style.................1X - 3X are either never or rarely seen....