Trusted Contributor

Re: The combat boot trend - Are you a fan?

Yes,I like the combat boot look but not those shown in the first post.  I own two pair of Taos Crave boots, in red and black.  Great for city walking.  I think they are pretty popular.  They come in 16 colors and new ones are added every year.  I’d post a pic but have no clue how to do it! If someone could help out,I’d appreciate it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2zbeach

When you're posting look at the toolbar with in the post; there's an icon, 3rd from the right top row, that looks like a pic of hills.

Click on that and then 'choose file' to select a jpg saved on your computer (or phone)

Respected Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Yes,I like the combat boot look but not those shown in the first post.  I own two pair of Taos Crave boots, in red and black.  Great for city walking.  I think they are pretty popular.  They come in 16 colors and new ones are added every year.  I’d post a pic but have no clue how to do it! If someone could help out,I’d appreciate it!

Here is a photo from the Taos website.  I like them.  They sell them on  Zappos, too.  

Taos-Crave-Camel.jpg

Trusted Contributor

CAD6C7C5-F5CC-4559-9246-9C66A1266741.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Thank you,Andreatoo!  I learned something!  Thanks,also,Favoriteson,for coming to my rescue and posting a pic!  Much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Clothing can't be depended upon to bestow femininity. One is or one isn't. Audrey was plenty feminine wearing that men's shirt in Breakfast at Tiffany.

Honored Contributor

No! Four years of active duty military wearing these everyday, no thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I have a pr of Doc Martens( it is spelled with and e, and not and i)..They aren't tight ,nor hot ,and they are great with jeans ,in the nasty weather.. The sole keeps your feet dry, and  out of the slush and snow. I would never wear them with anything but jeans

Shoes - Doc Martens floral lace up combat boots

@cherry  Love these!  I would wear these with a solid black dress. Do they run very wide. I noticed they don’t come in wides which is what I need (foot problems.)  I  just think they are so cool.

I don't know..sorry I wear a B width

Honored Contributor

@2zbeach wrote:

Thank you,Andreatoo!  I learned something!  Thanks,also,Favoriteson,for coming to my rescue and posting a pic!  Much appreciated.

@2zbeach

My pleasure! We've all asked for help at some point

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I own two pairs.  Both are Dr. Martens.  One is black & the other is in oxblood. They are almost ideal with some jeans.  I wear them to work, sometimes (but never with jeans)  Technically I could (I work at a university, and we don't have a dress code)  I wear them with a full skirt sometimes.  I like the contrast of something feminine and tomboy at the same time. Very cute shoes.  The company based them on the old British style of worker's boots.   They first appeared during the "Punk era"  Never really went out of style.  But lately, they're huge.  There are two types of them.  One (cheaper) made in China.  The other and more expensive are made in the UK.

The idea is to wear them with very short skirts.  That's they way they wear them on campus.

Image result for doc martens and dresses

These ladies look good in them!

I'm not crazy about the ones I posted in the OP, but all the other ones that other posters pictured looked great! 

Also, as @Andreatoo and @songbird mentioned, they look good when worn with certain clothing.