Honored Contributor

Re: The combat boot trend - Are you a fan?

Quickest way to ruin an outfit.  I don't get why anyone would wear such ugly footwear unless, of course, they are going into combat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of combat boots.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Have to ask, "Why?"  Nope, I don't get it. Give me pretty, feminine shoes!!

ETA:  To think people laughed at my Birkenstocks in the late 1960's! They are pretty tame today. LOL 

@BirkiLadyOMG I know exactly of what you speak! I was having dinner at an upscale eatery in the late 70's and wore my Arizona Birkenstocks with a jeans skirt and blouse. People where actually pointing at my feet and laughing, I was so embarrassed, but it did not stop me from wearing my sandals. I can't believe I remember that incident in such detail after all these years.

Valued Contributor

I like them.  Granted, some combat boot styles can be a bit clunkier than others but overall, I like them for their comfort and quirky edginess. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99  Have a pair of Arizona's on right now. My son just stopped. He just shook his head and said, "Mom, it's only 35 degrees outside. Have you even started to wear any other kind of footwear yet?" 

"Well, no. No, I haven't." We both laughed! (In fact, I haven't put on jeans yet. I'm still wearing capri's. Not ready for winter weather at all.) 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Not a fan either. Reminds me of Doc Martens and I didn't like those either. I assume someone wears them due to foot problems, so whatever they need to do...
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Not a fan either. Reminds me of Doc Martens and I didn't like those either. I assume someone wears them due to foot problems, so whatever they need to do...

I've actually seen some flowered doc martens that are cute, if you're young and trendy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

I like them and finally got a pair two weeks ago at the Army-Navy Store! I won't however be wearing them like in some of the pictures you posted with the exception of the white ones. I think that outfit is cute but a little too much leg for this old lady! Lol I like them with jeans and crops

I love when my husband wears his. I think they're sexy as he**!

Honored Contributor

I like them in white or pink to soften the look 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember when it was an insult to say " yo mama wears combat boots"

Who  knew they'd be in fashion one day?

I would never wear them.  I hate wearing shoes to begin with.  Wearing shoes that felt like cement blocks would never work for me. I'd have blisters after I walked 10 steps.