Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Women in Entertainment 2021 Red Carpet

[ Edited ]

With few exceptions, I'd describe these clothes as ugly and uglier. However, the cane belongs to Selma Blair, who has MS.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset  Thanks for posting. Love to see fashion. Some were nice and some were "interesting." lol To each their own.

The bigger take away for me besides the fashion is the fact that there are so many women in the industry. In the grand scheme, that is what is important to me. Such a male dominated industry in the past. Those ladies rock!

Respected Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

With few exceptions, I'd describe these clothes as ugly and uglier. However, the cane belongs to Selma Blair, who has MS.

I always thought Selma Blair was so beautiful and I still do.  I think she looks cute in her outfit. 

I'm really surprised at how matronly Jennifer Garner looks in that hideous getup.  I like Jennifer Aniston's outfit but imo the pants that are cut SO LONG, to cover up your toes to make your legs look longer, has the opposite effect.  I think they need to be hemmed an inch so at least a little toe of the shoe shows.

I don't know many of these people either but I think the Op is right, it really doesn't matter.  Seems like many of the outfits have promise, but then there is something about the entire ensemble that goes awry.  Hems too long (pants and skirts), weird cut-outs, awful prints, bat wing shoulder treatments - just something in almost every outfit has me shaking my head, no. 

Thanks for posting the pics.  I wouldn't have seen them otherwise.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

The chick with the cane has multiple sclerosis which is why she has a cane. She needs it to walk.
Honored Contributor

Gee what a lovely thread

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Names would've been nice, I don't even recognize a lot of them!

What difference would the fashion matter if you knew their names?  I posted for the looks (fashion) not the celebrity.  If you want names, you'll have to do research.

No thanks.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@gertrudecloset Please, when you post these, please add the names of the people. I'm guessing I''m not the only one who doesn't know who many of these people are.

If you don't like it, then please don't open the thread.  I will not post the names, as many times they aren't available to me when I post them.  If you don't recognize them, it stands to reason YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE.  If that's the case it doesn't matter.  Like I said, I don't know them, you don't them what DOES IT MATTER?

@Love my grandkids .

Wow, with your disposition, I'll do even better, I'll make sure I skip all of your posts from now on, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the post.  I always look at these posts to see have a good laugh.  I often wonder if they look in the mirror and see laughable ugly or they think they look good just because of a famous designer and it costs alot.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

I don't know who this is, but I like what she's wearing:

The Hollywood Reporter's Women In Entertainment Gala

@alliswell  - I agree with you.  This lady looks lovely in this pantsuit.  Fits her so well.  Love it.

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Names would've been nice, I don't even recognize a lot of them!

What difference would the fashion matter if you knew their names?  I posted for the looks (fashion) not the celebrity.  If you want names, you'll have to do research.

Wow, extremely rude.