Respected Contributor

Re: The TIE WAIST: Yay or Nay?

cute look, if you have a waist.

I'm built like a fire hydrant w/b00bs.

Honored Contributor

I ordered this Free People top from Belk.  They were the only vendor where I saw it.

It's mint green.  I'll wear a white tank under it.  The under part of the arms is so low you will be exposed.  Also, it's so light I'd freeze!!!

Free People Deep In Dreamland Top

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. I dislike fussy tie belts or belts at all. It's not an area that I want to emphasize at all. I also find that even faux tie belts tend to come undone so I will remove them from tops.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Yes that's exactly it! Except that mine ties in place and I have no intention of exposing my legs LOL they're also an ivory with vertical denim blue striping. They're very beachy looking

Frequent Contributor

E it like it Re: The TIE WAIST: Yay or Nay?

I like it 

Honored Contributor

I like it on dresses but not on pants.  I don''t particularly like it on skirts or tops either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I never did have a noticeable waistline.  My body shape is straight (no hips) and I have a long torso.  So - it depends on the particular item.

I just don't like the look of obi style belts ... so that's a quick NAY.

I have a couple of pairs of linen or cotton pants with a tie waist. - so a YAY for that!

Honored Contributor

A wrap style dress would be a yay, otherwise it's a nay, for me personally. On some people they look ok.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

NAY    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do like those madras print pants.  I own a blouse like that white one but I'm not sure I'll get to wear it...funny story.  I bought it in January long before I would ever wear and I was going to try it on and I took it apart...there are zillion buttons and loops and a couple snaps....and I cannot figure out how to put all those moving parts back together again...lol   I amost get it....but not quite.  I'll figure it out eventually....I hope.