Honored Contributor

Re: The Szish List - Check your prices

[ Edited ]

The Franco Sarto website has that shoe for $69.99 and they offer free s/h and free returns.

I don't care what I am ordering, if it's not exclusive to QVC I always shop around.  While I've not had a problem with Q's CS, it's certainly not the be all end all of CS and unless I've had a horrible experience, I want to save all the money I can.  I'm loyal to my wallet, not any one company.

Saving $50.00 on a shoe IMO is huge.  No way would I spend $50.00 more just to order them from Q for easy pay or their CS.  To me that is like taking a 50.00 bill and flushing it.  It takes a couple minutes to do a web search, unless you have no clue what you are doing, and what company doesn't ship directly to your home?  LOL   

If I can save $10.00 by buying elsewhere, I do it.   

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Comparison shopping can save money but honestly, I really only do it for big ticket items like appliances, computers, mattresses.  No, there is no way in this world that I am going to order something online and then go to the store and stand in line to pick them up.  I like the convenience of having my purchases sent to my home, even if I pay more for the privilege.  I think that's the thing the QVC bashers don't really understand.  Some of us value ease and convenience an delivery much more than we value $10 here or $20 there. We also prefer to shop with QVC because we have experience with QVC and trust the QVC shopping experience.     

@chrystaltree, what company doesn't ship to your house?  No one is talking about ordering on-line and doing a store pick-up. 

I'm not bashing QVC but why on earth would I pay $50.00 more for the exact same shoe I can order elsewhere and have shipped to my house?  If someone is willing to pay $50.00 more for the privilege of easy pay, that's a heck of a lot of extra money to make payments.  One probably shouldn't be ordering at that point.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008   Everytime I may see a pr of footwear here that I really like I always shop around on other sites for a better price. There are a lot of places to choose from many if  not all with free s/h, many also have a promo code to use too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also really enjoy Katrina too. She's a breath of fresh air I think. She's got a great sense of style as well. Unfortunately this show is on late. I did see what she presented though.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I found the Szish List to be just another "host name show" with the same old same.......i kept wondering lastnight what is QVC trying to do with all these named shows..making the hosts friends/girlfriends instead of sales people, making it a talk show format? ...etc.  Next it will be with influencers promoting QVC products.....I guess they are trying to attract a younger audience.......but not sure it will work...

@kelsey17 wrote:

I found the Szish List to be just another "host name show" with the same old same.......i kept wondering lastnight what is QVC trying to do with all these named shows..making the hosts friends/girlfriends instead of sales people, making it a talk show format? ...etc.  Next it will be with influencers promoting QVC products.....I guess they are trying to attract a younger audience.......but not sure it will work...

I agree that it was more like a talk show and less like a shopping channel.  It was kind of informative but I needed information on sizing of the clothing items.  Giving the sizes of what the models are wearing is something that helps me make my decision.  If I'm not given that info, I'm less likely to purchase.

Respected Contributor

The show is clearly geared for a younger audience, which QVC needs to try. No racks of clothing to show all the colors, not as much detail about the products; younger people will be getting all that on their phones/devices. I did a double take when she referenced an LBD without giving an explanation, lol. I found it refreshing. It was obvious she’s not used to presenting jewelry however, the guests filled in some of the features of the Ripka hoop. 

Honored Contributor

Szish is nearly 50yo...not exactly young. I just read her bio on the host page and it looked impressive to me. I think she's a welcome asset in the Q's fashion department...someone new and fresh.

Respected Contributor

What is a Szish list?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

What is a Szish list?

Katrina Szish is the host's name. Her last name is pronounced like "Zish," and I took the title to be a play on the the term "Wish List."

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD, yes, I can appreciate that. As a size 11, I rarely find my size in stock in any B&M store so I almost always have to buy online. QVC tends to have a better stock of larger sizes. Do I pay often pay more because of limited stock at other merchants? Absolutely. But what else am I supposed to do? It’s just the way it is when one doesn’t wear an average size.