Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 4,044
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Wink Win that sounds reasonable, especially considering what your insider told you. You know what Paul Harvey would have said. There's always the "rest of the story".

I think the same people at corporate that sacked CW were glad to see Lisa walk.

And Lisa is probably glad to be riding go carts and spending her QVC fortune and not having to deal with any of them.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} She really should go play paintball or laser tag though, it is much more fun than go-carting!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010
On 1/20/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 1/20/2015 pieman said:
On 1/20/2015 Lotus~ said:

Although some of the speculation makes sense, I highly doubt if there were bad feeling between Lisa and QVC, they would never have given her the send-off they did.

What I find even more interesting is that for someone who was stalked and even went to court for it, would post pictures of herself including the names of restaurants and places she goes to. (sorry, I know that was a run-on sentence)

I agree with you about the stalkers, she claims she had. I think Lisa plays upon peoples feelings. She needs to be the center of everyones attention. I read where she said "At night I lay in bed and hear things, getting up to check the locks several times at night". Yet , like you said, she always lets people know where she will be and must post never ending pic's of herself. It does make a person wonder... I believe maybe she had one nut job interested in her but not the other 4 or 5 she claims. Face it, if you have people stalking you, I doubt you'd give directions on where you were spending your time. Attention Seeker, is what she is/

Perfect example of blaming the victim which is done far too many times on this board. It's wrong and always will be wrong to BLAME the victim.

First of all, this is documented and I don't believe Lisa is making anything up.

And I don't get the feeling anyone here is blaiming the victim but when you have or are being stalked, common sense needs to prevail. IMO you don't post photos of yourself in your bedroom. That's very personal.

You don't constantly post the names of places you hang out at. How difficult would it be for someone to just wait at one of these places and follow her home?

That's what many of us are saying.

Super Contributor
Posts: 374
Registered: ‎09-24-2010
On 1/20/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/20/2015 jackthebear said:
On 1/20/2015 magicmoodz said:

I think I will rehash this topic as frequently as I want, because I feel like it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Because it is interesting

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

And why not...

I'd also add I do think there was some level of ill-will around her departure... Some seem to think Lisa was given some grand send-off. She wasn't. Her holiday 'Posh' show wasn't necessarily intended as a 'farewell' party. She and QVC schedule that show every year. It seems a decision was made somewhere by someone that this year it would also be her final show... All of the well wishes and 'fare-the-wells' were tendered by other hosts and vendors, but at no time did 'corporate' issue so much as a one line expression of well wishes... No one from 'corporate' appeared, even so much as for ten seconds' on the very short video that was shown during 'Posh', and there is a sense that her last air date represented some kind of negotiation that had her remaining at QVC through the bulk of the critical holiday shopping season. Her departure was handled professionally by both parties, and while Lisa clearly did solid work until the end and gave away nothing in the way of any negativity that might have existed, I don't think TPTB were happy with her choice to fold up her tent and go home.

I agree with this too. The "plan" was get out because she didn't get her way. Sorry, the channel rolls on!
Super Contributor
Posts: 374
Registered: ‎09-24-2010
On 1/20/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/20/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 1/20/2015 pieman said:
On 1/20/2015 Lotus~ said:

Although some of the speculation makes sense, I highly doubt if there were bad feeling between Lisa and QVC, they would never have given her the send-off they did.

What I find even more interesting is that for someone who was stalked and even went to court for it, would post pictures of herself including the names of restaurants and places she goes to. (sorry, I know that was a run-on sentence)

I agree with you about the stalkers, she claims she had. I think Lisa plays upon peoples feelings. She needs to be the center of everyones attention. I read where she said "At night I lay in bed and hear things, getting up to check the locks several times at night". Yet , like you said, she always lets people know where she will be and must post never ending pic's of herself. It does make a person wonder... I believe maybe she had one nut job interested in her but not the other 4 or 5 she claims. Face it, if you have people stalking you, I doubt you'd give directions on where you were spending your time. Attention Seeker, is what she is/

Perfect example of blaming the victim which is done far too many times on this board. It's wrong and always will be wrong to BLAME the victim.

First of all, this is documented and I don't believe Lisa is making anything up.

And I don't get the feeling anyone here is blaiming the victim but when you have or are being stalked, common sense needs to prevail. IMO you don't post photos of yourself in your bedroom. That's very personal.

You don't constantly post the names of places you hang out at. How difficult would it be for someone to just wait at one of these places and follow her home?

That's what many of us are saying.

Totally agree with this too!
Super Contributor
Posts: 4,044
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 1/20/2015 3star said: People who have been stalked and have court documented evidence, never make themselves as conspicuous as Lisa. They're very careful about who knows their whereabouts. Granted everyone should have the freedom to live their lives without fear, but after allegedly four or five stalkers, common sense dictates that you should be more guarded. As another poster stated, it causes you to wonder..........

I don't even have a Facebook account, but if I did I wouldn't be telling the general public where I was going and what I was doing and what restaurants, etc. I was dining at. What is the purpose of that? Why is that necessary? After you've been I guess that's fine to post (I still wouldn't do it, but that's just me). But posting that you are going to this place or that or while you're there? Well, that's just beyond odd why someone would do that. I guess this is one feature of Facebook that I don't understand very well.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,938
Registered: ‎12-29-2010
On 1/20/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/20/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 1/20/2015 pieman said:
On 1/20/2015 Lotus~ said:

Although some of the speculation makes sense, I highly doubt if there were bad feeling between Lisa and QVC, they would never have given her the send-off they did.

What I find even more interesting is that for someone who was stalked and even went to court for it, would post pictures of herself including the names of restaurants and places she goes to. (sorry, I know that was a run-on sentence)

I agree with you about the stalkers, she claims she had. I think Lisa plays upon peoples feelings. She needs to be the center of everyones attention. I read where she said "At night I lay in bed and hear things, getting up to check the locks several times at night". Yet , like you said, she always lets people know where she will be and must post never ending pic's of herself. It does make a person wonder... I believe maybe she had one nut job interested in her but not the other 4 or 5 she claims. Face it, if you have people stalking you, I doubt you'd give directions on where you were spending your time. Attention Seeker, is what she is/

Perfect example of blaming the victim which is done far too many times on this board. It's wrong and always will be wrong to BLAME the victim.

First of all, this is documented and I don't believe Lisa is making anything up.

And I don't get the feeling anyone here is blaiming the victim but when you have or are being stalked, common sense needs to prevail. IMO you don't post photos of yourself in your bedroom. That's very personal.

You don't constantly post the names of places you hang out at. How difficult would it be for someone to just wait at one of these places and follow her home?

That's what many of us are saying.

ITA

I see posts constantly from people on these boards saying she was at dinner here or there, etc. A person concerned about stalkers would not post her whereabouts on Facebook.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,938
Registered: ‎12-29-2010
On 1/20/2015 imaclotheshog said:

Wink Win that sounds reasonable, especially considering what your insider told you. You know what Paul Harvey would have said. There's always the "rest of the story".

I think the same people at corporate that sacked CW were glad to see Lisa walk.

And Lisa is probably glad to be riding go carts and spending her QVC fortune and not having to deal with any of them.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} She really should go play paintball or laser tag though, it is much more fun than go-carting!

LOL Hi Amp.

My "friend" definitely knows more than I do. But, the last I heard from her, she still said no one knows (in her circle) where Lisa is going. She simply e'mailed me she is funneling many/many offers. Who is CW? Is that the Claire woman? Who is she and what is her role?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor
Posts: 4,044
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

I've never had a stalker thank God, and I know it must be a terrifying experience, and I would never blame the victim of something so awful. However, I think when you have something like that happen to you, you have to be responsible in doing what you can to make sure that you don't give the guy more information than he needs about you. A little privacy about your life, can go a long way in deterring a crime, of any kind. People that get on Facebook and post about leaving for vacation are shocked when they come home and find their home robbed. Well. Hello. Some things are best left unsaid.

I know many love Facebook but I really think Facebook has changed the way Americans feel and think about privacy and I don't know that that is a good thing.

Privacy is a very sacred and cherished notion that I don't think some people appreciate.

Super Contributor
Posts: 578
Registered: ‎07-30-2011

nm

Super Contributor
Posts: 4,044
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
On 1/20/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/20/2015 imaclotheshog said:

Wink Win that sounds reasonable, especially considering what your insider told you. You know what Paul Harvey would have said. There's always the "rest of the story".

I think the same people at corporate that sacked CW were glad to see Lisa walk.

And Lisa is probably glad to be riding go carts and spending her QVC fortune and not having to deal with any of them.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} She really should go play paintball or laser tag though, it is much more fun than go-carting!

LOL Hi Amp.

My "friend" definitely knows more than I do. But, the last I heard from her, she still said no one knows (in her circle) where Lisa is going. She simply e'mailed me she is funneling many/many offers. Who is CW? Is that the Claire woman? Who is she and what is her role?

Hi Win. Yes that Claire woman, I think she was CEO or COO or something? Some suit in corporate. I don't know. I remember reading the press release or article about it after she was let go and there was a thread about it, but I don't remember exactly what it said.

I am sure Lisa will find something she enjoys doing and QVC will survive without her just fine. It survived when Kathy left.

Maybe Lisa will write a book like Kathy did and give everyone the details! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}