Honored Contributor

It had to be about money. She was one of their top sales people. She wanted more money and they weren't going to give it to her.

Honored Contributor

So ""The Story"" is simply your theory.

Esteemed Contributor

My feelings align with much of what Heart of Spades posted for several reasons.

If Lisa chose to resign on her own, I think management would have respectfully honored her with an on-air tribute thanking her for her years of service, loyalty, etc. etc.

I believe if Lisa already had a new career path she would have, by way of innuendo, made comments such as "You haven't seen/heard the last of me." or something along those lines in the two months she remained an employee.

I have never been a facebook follower, but curiosity has led me to her page. I think she is trying to stay relevant by continually posting pictures of herself (albeit photoshopped), directing readers to her Pinterest pins where she might capture a larger audience (like a gazillion pictures of Mark Zunino's wedding gowns?), and interestingly enough and of late, posting pictures of having lunch with Claire Watts.

This is, of course, simply my speculation on how Lisa left. Your opinions may differ.

Honored Contributor

She continually posts on her Facebook page...mostly pictures about food or exercising....

Respected Contributor
On 1/20/2015 brii said:

It had to be about money. She was one of their top sells people. She wanted more money and they weren't going to give it to her.

That's what I think.

Honored Contributor

People who work as hard as their jobs as Lisa and put as much into her work and day as she does do not usually "retire". They are active, interested, vital folks who don't work to sit around and do nothing someday. They love what they do, they enjoy the excitement and involvement that work provides and certainly won't quit as young as she is. She isn't working to save enough money to NOT work. I would be stunned if she just "retired."

Esteemed Contributor

I'd not really given it much consideration beyond thinking "bravo" for getting out while still on top. That said I do think those who speculate that her decision was made under less that optimal circumstances might be onto something.

Lisa designed her clothing line through spring 2015 and her bags for all of 2015 and if I recall correctly, I read all were put into production. Godfreak has posted sneak peeks of jackets, skirts, and bags just this past weekend; those (including the black fringe jacket everyone wants) are supposed to appear in February.

It seems like there was an internal earthquake that resulted in Claire Watt's sudden departure and it would not surprise me if this impacted Lisa too. Sometimes when there are management changes, especially those that were supportive of you and your career, you lose your verve for the company; this has happened to me and perhaps to others here.

Of course, this is total speculation. I'm sure with all her options and the savvy connections she's made, Lisa will turn up somewhere doing something before long.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/20/2015 brii said:

It had to be about money. She was one of their top sells people. She wanted more money and they weren't going to give it to her.

That's what I think.

Me too, and a combo of being burnt out, which is why she wanted more salary.

For all that we (I) criticize the hosts I don't think the job is as easy as it looks.

Honored Contributor
On 1/20/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/20/2015 brii said:

That's what I think.

I also think the new regime didn't adore her as much as the old one did. She enjoyed being adored.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/20/2015 Heart of Spade said:

Lisa is a young woman. I find it hard to believe she would choose to give up a high-paying job with tons of perks without another lined up. It doesn't take long to blow through savings when nothing is coming in, and Lisa doesn't remind me of the type of person who would live frugally. And then there's health insurance, etc., to consider. Also, she really seemed to enjoy her job.

I still say there was a "dispute." I think she wanted a cut of the GILI line or it was something related to "her" line. I think she loved bringing the GILI items to the Q and wouldn't have up and left without a very good reason. "Designing" this line gave her job at the Q new life and a break from the mundane.

I don't think Lisa has a plan. I think the Q called her bluff and she was left with no choice but to explore other options. I don't think it will be easy for her as her popularity/notoriety pretty much ends with the Q. No offense to her, but I don't think anyone who doesn't watch the Q knows who she is. Her stint on Project Runway and the other fashion segments she's done are a result of her affiliation with the Q. I doubt we'll see her on more shows like this.

I totally agree with your post.