Honored Contributor

Re: The Shirt Waist Wedding Dress

It's a beautiful gown and if Helen Mirren showed up to the Oscars in it we'd all be ewwing and ahhing.

As a wedding dress it's much more subjective...

Respected Contributor

I love it. I don't think you have to be any certain age to wear it but I think it would look better on a tall girl because of the fullness of the dress.  It's very classic and no body parts bulging out.

Respected Contributor

It's very sophisticated.  It appears to be long waisted so the bride would need to be tall and slender.  I think it would be lovely for a more mature bride.

Honored Contributor

Remove the skirt, the oversized bouquet and add some nice pants....okay it won't look bridal but it is a nice button down shirt.  As a gown I just don't like it.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

It's very sophisticated.  It appears to be long waisted so the bride would need to be tall and slender.  I think it would be lovely for a more mature bride.

I believe it is a drop waisted dress which as a short waisted person, I prefer.  My own wedding gown, although different than this one, had a drop waist.  It makes short waisted people look less short waisted.

Respected Contributor

I like shirt waist wedding dresses. I think it would be great for brides who may not want to show arms or cleavage and I think the style flatters bigger brides too. I personally would shorten the hem and make it tea-length for a 50's retro vibe. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

LOVE Carolina, she has designed some incredible clothes.  To me this looks like any other dress except for the skirt.

I could see it for an older woman, maybe in a very light blush tone.

I think it is pink (looks like light/blush pink to me). I found it on Pinterest, and it was entitled "Carolina Herrera Pink Shirtdress Wedding Gown."

Love.It. Heart

Valued Contributor

Nope.....looks like some sort of weird uniform to me.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a traditionalist so I don't like most wedding dresses, but this particular non-traditional dress reminds me of a prairie dress, so no.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

LOVE Carolina, she has designed some incredible clothes.  To me this looks like any other dress except for the skirt.

I could see it for an older woman, maybe in a very light blush tone.

I think it is pink (looks like light/blush pink to me). I found it on Pinterest, and it was entitled "Carolina Herrera Pink Shirtdress Wedding Gown."

Love.It. Heart

@jonbon 

You are correct; the dress is definitely pink.