Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Shirt Waist Wedding Dress

I think I like it? Maybe with a few caveats. It reads winter, spring or fall to me, but not summer. I envision this dress chosen for a more mature bride and finally I see the wedding held at a country club or maybe an old mansion converted to wedding venue.

Honored Contributor

Fabulous, elegant, sophisticated, appropriate, beautiful!

WARNING:  For grown up, confident, secure, intelligent women only!  No silly girls should attempt to wear this dress!  It is an empowered dress.  If you are not empowered, do not attempt to wear this dress. 

Esteemed Contributor

This designer often wears this type of outfit, usually with a dark skirt.  It is instantly her signature.  Would not wear it.

Honored Contributor

Oh my, this would be my dream dress, so stunning. I'd just take up the hem a tad though, no one would want to watch me trip and fall on my wedding day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

This designer often wears this type of outfit, usually with a dark skirt.  It is instantly her signature.  Would not wear it.

@

Yes, it screams Carolina Herrera. So much so that, unless you are not the least bit familiar with her designs, you don't even need to be told who the designer is. 

Honored Contributor

LOVE Carolina, she has designed some incredible clothes.  To me this looks like any other dress except for the skirt.

I could see it for an older woman, maybe in a very light blush tone.

Honored Contributor

You want to be an empowered woman?  Put this dress on and let the world know who you are!  

The more women there are talking about being empowered,  the more of them there are talking about it half dressed.

I am empowered but I'm also half naked and I want you to admire me for my body. . . uh ok.   

That seem incongruous to me . . . 

Honored Contributor

Looks too much like business attire.  Doesn't have the "specialness" or ethereal quality that a wedding dress should have. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Fabulous, elegant, sophisticated, appropriate, beautiful!

WARNING:  For grown up, confident, secure, intelligent women only!  No silly girls should attempt to wear this dress!  It is an empowered dress.  If you are not empowered, do not attempt to wear this dress. 

@Sooner  I'm with you on this.  If I were to get married again I would wear it in a heartbeat.