Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Royals at Festival of Rememberance Service

I like all of the outfits except for Princess Anne's, mainly because of the trim around the bottom of the skirt.  I read that Sophie of Wessex's jacket is faux fur.  

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

It kind of looks like Camilla said "fashion be darned", I'm wearing my comfy blue shoes.😄

It was definitely something I immediately noticed too.  I don't care enough to look it up, but I had wondered whether it was a trick of light and her dress may be navy too (or at least the velvet.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

It kind of looks like Camilla said "fashion be darned", I'm wearing my comfy blue shoes.😄

It was definitely something I immediately noticed too.  I don't care enough to look it up, but I had wondered whether it was a trick of light and her dress may be navy too (or at least the velvet.)

I read that she was wearing a "two tone velvet dress" and the shoes are navy suede.  

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego @wildcat fan   I usually almost always like Camilla's fashion choices. This outfit does her no favors. I don't like the two tone look of the dress, if it had been all velvet I think it would've looked much better. And the blue shoes ..... that's a head scratcher.

The Queen and Kate both look beautiful. Kate's dress is very flattering on her. I know lots of people don't like headbands, but I think it looks nice on Kate.