Esteemed Contributor

I'm posting here because we frequently see threads on the Queen's fashions.

This touched me so....a tear on her cheek on Rememberance Sunday.  Not sure it will be visible. There is another of her wiping it away.

She has seen and lived through so much.  Even with a life of privilege, she's had a front seat to history, good and bad.

The Queen attends the annual Remembrance Sunday Service at The Cenotaph - Max Mumby

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I also read that that she knew and recited every word of the prayer offered at this event,

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think she is deeply devout, and genuinely believes, and tried to do the best for her people that she can. she has given her life in service, to her nation, and to God.

Trusted Contributor

Remarkable woman.

Esteemed Contributor

She is an amazing woman.  Despite living a life of privilege, she has always remained faithful to her duties.  And she certainly has had her fair share of troubles, which she has handled with grace.  To think she was only 25 when she assumed the throne, a young wife and mother of two. 

Esteemed Contributor

Her Majesty is a remarkable woman!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  As a child I remember watching Princess Elizabeth on her Coronation day. We were watching on our old black and white T V as she arrived in the carriage and then entered the Cathedral to become the Queen. 

The next day it was all we talked about. Little did we know what a demanding job she would have! 
   I'm amazed at her stamina and poise after all these years. What a good and caring Queen she is!

Honored Contributor

The Queen looks lovely in black with her silver/white hair and I love all her red poppies.  God Bless the Queen.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The tears are most likely for more than a thousand reasons.  As others have stated, she has cared for her people with the best intent, loved her children and grandchildren who have not always lived the way she wished and now she has a failing husband and her own health to deal with in addition.  May the Lord continue to bless her and guide her through her remaining years.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Well said.  My thoughts exactly.  Not only her country's history, but her own.