Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen hosts Jordan’s royals

Wow their children are all so gorgeous. Queen Rania is very intelligent and has used her position to advocate for.many important causes. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@chrystaltree .That's correct.  It happened to my mother. The skin thins out as we age and all of the discoloration comes from blood pooling under the skin after even the slightest touch or "injury."  At least that's what the Dr. said. Unfortunately I have the same problem.  It's not pretty. 

@50Mickey   My mom was the same way. She would bruise if she bumped her hand or arm on something. Even a light bump would produce a bruise.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone know that King Abdullah once had a cameo on Star Trek: Voyager?

An acknowledged fan of Star Trek, King Abdullah (then a prince) appeared as an uncredited extra in the 1996 Star Trek: Voyager episode "Investigations".

Voyager executive producer Jeri Taylor commented, "Take away the title and the trappings, and at the core you have a Star Trek fan." 

Abdullah's cameo was arranged as a surprise for him by his US advisor. The prince – who, at the time of his cameo, was thirty-four years old – enthused, "I would have been thrilled just to visit the set but this is too much."

After being put into makeup, given pointed sideburns and then fitted for his uniform (a lieutenant of the sciences division), he rehearsed and shot his scene. He appears in the episode's opening scene as a science officer who speaks with Harry Kim as the scene fades in. He was not given any spoken lines, however, because he was not a member of the Screen Actors Guild (now SAG-AFTRA).

After filming his cameo, he was crowded by well-wishers, including Robert Picardo, who secretly presented the delighted guest with an autographed picture of himself in his role of The Doctor. 

Abdullah subsequently gave a party for the Voyager cast. During his time on the Star Trek: Voyager set, Abdullah also invited Robert Picardo and Neelix actor Ethan Phillips to his own country of Jordan, an offer that Phillips took up during the hiatus between Voyager's second and third seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=torjsONjtR4

Related image

Trusted Contributor

Queen Ranua is a stunning woman. I believe she’s 48 or 49
Respected Contributor

@lmt  Wow. Never knew. He was very handsome. His mother was from England and he was educated in Great Britian. From everything that I have read about him it seems that he and Queen Rania have had a wonderful life. 

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@lmt  Wow. Never knew. He was very handsome. His mother was from England and he was educated in Great Britian. From everything that I have read about him it seems that he and Queen Rania have had a wonderful life. 

@50Mickey  He and Rania always look very happy together. They have a beautiful family.

Honored Contributor

At their wedding in 1993

_Couple.jpg

Honored Contributor

She wore a denim skirt at an engagement with Queen Maxima last month. Love the skirt, love her whole look.

denim-skirt-2019-a.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

At their wedding in 1993

_Couple.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21  Her wedding gown is absolutely stunning. One of my favorite royal wedding gowns.

Wedding of Prince Abdullah of Jordan and Rania al Yassin, now King and Queen of Jordan, June 10, 1993.

Related image

Image result for queen rania wedding veil

Related image

Frequent Contributor

Queen Rania is 48 years old, not 60.  Just looked it up.  Beautiful at any age.  Born in 1970.