Respected Contributor

The Queen hosts Jordan’s royals

The Queen has welcomed King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan to Buckingham Palace. Elizabeth II was joined by the Princess Royal for the meeting which was also attended by Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan.

The friendship that exists between the two families was clear to see as they greeted one another at the Palace as they chatted about previous meetings. The two royal families have known each other for many years and the Queen hosted King Abdullah and Queen Rania on a State Visit to the United Kingdom in 2001.

After posing briefly for photographs, the royals then held a private meeting before the Queen and the Princess Royal welcomed their guests to lunch at Buckingham Palace. King Abdullah has just marked the twentieth anniversary of his rule – he took his country’s throne on February 7th 1999 on the death of his father, King Hussein.

Credit: PA Images

Credit: PA Images

Image result for princess anne and queen rania

Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen hosts Jordan’s royals

Saw these yesterday and people were talking about the obvious discoloration on the Queen's hand. Hopefully nothing serious.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Queen Rania is so pretty!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Also Queen Rania is so beautiful and I love the color of her dress. Love the color combo with her shoes too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

I love Queen Rania's dress, nice style and pretty color.

The Queen always looks beautiful.

Princess Anne looks very nice; that's a lovely shade of green on her.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II greets King Abdullah II of Jordan during a private audience at Buckingham Palace, London, Britain, February 28, 2019. Yui Mok/Pool via REUTERS

Honored Contributor

QEII hand appears to have had an IV infusion.  It could have been something she gets at Buckingham as opposed to going into a clinic, etc.  At her age, she is probably iron-deficient and gets iron infusions.  That's not uncommon.  I get them myself and I am nowhere near her age and my hand turns blue (not that bad, but blue) from the needle stick but when I was in the hospital with sepsis urinary tract infecton and diverticulitis, my hands and arms looked like that from so many sticks because they were unable to hit a vein due to dehydration.

Respected Contributor

Princess Anne has a perfect curtsy  I can see how this would take some practice and balance!

a

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Saw these yesterday and people were talking about the obvious discoloration on the Queen's hand. Hopefully nothing serious.

Oh dear...and she's not a spring chicken!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

@lmt : Queen Rania doesn’t look as tho she’s aged at all. Still beautiful and so young looking. I'm guessing she colors her hair but her face is still so young looking.

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@lmt : Queen Rania doesn’t look as tho she’s aged at all. Still beautiful and so young looking. I'm guessing she colors her hair but her face is still so young looking.

@Sadiesadie  I agree, Queen Rania is a very attractive woman and she looks at least 10 years younger.

She has a beautiful family .....

Celebrities, Holiday Season, Greeting Cards, Harper's Bazaar US, Harper's Bazaar Arabia, Rand Zeid