Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen heads to church

@faeriemoon wrote:

Sometimes in photos the queen bears a strong resemblance to George Washington.  This is one of those shots.

Image result for george washington

@faeriemoon .  They are related.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the photo - we haven't had a "going to church" in a while.  I wonder if she goes to church every Sunday.  Well. she should - she's the head of it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@vsm, I wish I knew!  Found it, but could not find info. on it.  Think it is a child actress, maybe vaudeville or screen circa 10's, 20's, or 30's?  It reminded me of my mother, who also had curly black hair...

@Oznell   There is a picture of Shirley Temple when she is not smiling that looks similar to it.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I have heard that.  I wonder if that has anything to do withe the resemblance, or if it's just an old age thing.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I have heard that.  I wonder if that has anything to do withe the resemblance, or if it's just an old age thing.

@faeriemoon .  I think it may be a bit of both.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the photo - we haven't had a "going to church" in a while.  I wonder if she goes to church every Sunday.  Well. she should - she's the head of it.  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr she doesn't always go to church in publc - she often does when she is on her winter holidayin Sandringham. she did go last week and i didn't post because the pic wasn't that good. St George's Chapel is on the grounds of Windsor Castle, but this week she went to Royal Chapel in the environs of greater Windsor,  i believe.

the Queen is supreme governor in the C of E structure - but of course the head cleric is the Archbishop of Canterbury with whom she will confer from time to time on matters of doctrine and church law (on questions about  Camilla's and Meghan's weddings as divorcees, for example).

the Queen is 92.  i rarely see her accompanied by the heir apparent.  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@vsm, I wish I knew!  Found it, but could not find info. on it.  Think it is a child actress, maybe vaudeville or screen circa 10's, 20's, or 30's?  It reminded me of my mother, who also had curly black hair...

What a sweet tribute to your mother, oznell.  Given your love of movies, I wouldn't be surprised if you somdeay come across one that solves the mystery!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

It's partly an old age thing and it's partly the hair... I had to chuckle when I saw the comparison because I'd been sort of thinking the same thing... Time for the queen to change up her 'do'...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

It's partly an old age thing and it's partly the hair... I had to chuckle when I saw the comparison because I'd been sort of thinking the same thing... Time for the queen to change up her 'do'...

Smiley Wink

I was just going to post about the hair.  The fact that they have similar "dos" definitely adds to the resemblance.

Honored Contributor

Image result for queen elizabeth

Image result for george washington