Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen heads to church

[ Edited ]

The Queen's hairdresser, Ian Carmichael, has tended to her for over twenty years.  He visits her twice a week at her various homes around the UK.  He doesn't gossip about her but has spoken of how she is reluctant to change her hairstyle.

Here he is receiving an award (Royal Victorian Order) in 2017.

ian carmichael.jpg

Interestingly, Mr. Carmichael is a descendant of George Washington's hairdresser.  (Just kidding. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

@vsm, I wish I knew!  Found it, but could not find info. on it.  Think it is a child actress, maybe vaudeville or screen circa 10's, 20's, or 30's?  It reminded me of my mother, who also had curly black hair...

I searched the image and found this information, @Oznell.   This is the young Clara Bow in the 1922 movie "Down to the Sea in Ships."

Here are 3 of the photos, but there are others at the link in addition to details about the film.   I agree, it's a charming and intriguing image!😊

45.jpg (600×732)

one of several souces:

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Oh, fabulous, @dooBdoo--  Clara Bow, the "It" girl!  Should have guessed.  She is an imp. 

What a cyber talent you are-- there's nothing you can't find, comprehend, explain, or fix!   Great, great detective work!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thank you!! For the longest time wondered who she was. @Oznell CB fascinates me. Having researched her career and her tragic experiences. Find myself doing this with many of the silent era stars. Thanks! For everything you share. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely agree, @Sweet_Serenity--  soulful, complex Clara Bow exerts a tantalizing fascination, a series of "if only's" and "what if's" surrounding her legacy...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

True! What a story. You said it so well. What if? Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, fabulous, @dooBdoo--  Clara Bow, the "It" girl!  Should have guessed.  She is an imp. 

What a cyber talent you are-- there's nothing you can't find, comprehend, explain, or fix!   Great, great detective work!

You're welcome, @Oznell!   And thank you for the compliment!   Oh, I wish I could rise to meet that standard of excellence...   I do try to help when I can, and sometimes I get lucky!😄

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thank you!! For the longest time wondered who she was. @Oznell CB fascinates me. Having researched her career and her tragic experiences. Find myself doing this with many of the silent era stars. Thanks! For everything you share. 

You're welcome, @Sweet_Serenity!   I agree with you and @Oznell, Clara Bow had a complex life colored with trauma and struggles — so sad to realize that.    

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Oznell   @dooBdoo   Good Grief, all this time I thought it was Margaret O'Brien. Reading this today I zoomed in and I see it isn't. Then to find out it is the 'It' girl-really fascinating! "All has been made clear!" Good job, dooby.