Re: The Queen Wears Orange, Posts On Instagram

1. D1DcBBdW0AEFLsf.jpegD1FHMshX0AUXpcC.jpegD1Dio1PX0AAi1Vw.jpeg
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

queen-insta-stories-z.jpg

She's got quite a twinkle in her eye!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Looks like the same coat and hat (with a different brooch) that she wore on Christmas in 2017.

5a60e67055ac5623008b4737-960-720.jpg

Here's an article that shows how her fashion choices have changed with the times and with her age.

The fashion evolution of Queen Elizabeth II

@jonbon   Good for her.  I am glad to see that she wears her clothing more than once.  It is upsetting to the serf class to see the royal class abusing their taxes by only wearing their apparel once, the reason they love Kate, she wears hers a number of times and shops at such as H&M, TopShop, Zara, etc.

Honored Contributor

I think she looks adorable.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

Looks like the same coat and hat (with a different brooch) that she wore on Christmas in 2017.

5a60e67055ac5623008b4737-960-720.jpg

Here's an article that shows how her fashion choices have changed with the times and with her age.

The fashion evolution of Queen Elizabeth II

@jonbon   Good for her.  I am glad to see that she wears her clothing more than once.  It is upsetting to the serf class to see the royal class abusing their taxes by only wearing their apparel once, the reason they love Kate, she wears hers a number of times and shops at such as H&M, TopShop, Zara, etc.

Fun article @Nonametoday  and it confirmed what I've read elsewhere, which is that the bright colors are chosen so the public can identify her in a crowd and feel they've really seen her. It's been said Kate, at the queen's tutelage, tends toward distinctive colors for the same reason... Personally, not sure her security guard would favor it, as has been suggested, because while it makes her easy to spot , it would also seem to make her an easy target. Really like the orange outfit.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...