Honored Contributor

The Queen As A Fashion Model

I love this, cutest pictures ever of the Queen. And I love that she wanted to do that.

Elle.com September 19th

Longtime dresser of Queen Elizabeth II, Angela Kelly, yesterday revealed details about a special moment she shared with the late monarch.

According to Kelly, though the late Queen had been asked to sit for countless official photographic portraits during her reign, there was a certain degree of formality that governed the library of images in her collection and the monarch had expressed a desire to be captured in a more relaxed, fashion-forward pose.

As Kelly expounds, there was a particular stance she had always wanted to try, and as her friend, stylist and confidante, Kelly was determined to help make it happen.

Apparently, the Queen had always wanted to have her photo taken with her hands in her pockets, as she had seen in fashion photography, but had always been advised against it by her team, for fear that it wasn't appropriate for a woman of her position.

According to Kelly, she sought the help of photographer Barry Jeffery and the images were captured according to the Queen's wishes, but never released to the public.

Fc8DNBXaMAE1Yy8.jpegFc8DMrxakAIwYu9.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Regular Contributor

Re: The Queen As A Fashion Model

What a beautiful photo of the Queen.

Honored Contributor

Love the second one.  Its nice to see her looking human, relaxed and informal.

I wish Angela Kelly would cut loose and tell us how the Queen was dressed in her casket.  She, of all people, is sure to know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wish Angela Kelly would cut loose and tell us how the Queen was dressed in her casket.  She, of all people, is sure to know.

I don't think we need to know that.

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think we need to know that.

At least two of us want to know!

Esteemed Contributor

I have always been a fan of Queen Elizabeth and have a fair size collection of books about her and British history.

I did buy “The Other Side of the Coin” (The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe) by Angela Kelly, published in 2019, as well as the cute and tiny “Our Rainbow Queen,” (A Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II and Her Colorful Wardrobe) a recently published journey of the Queen’s ten decades of color-blocked fashion.

Of course, Elizabeth knew it was appropriate to dress in bright colors so that people could see her in crowds or from a distance.

I have no desire to know what she was wearing for her last-ever outfit.

Honored Contributor

What cute photos that underline that the QUEEN was, in fact a human woman as well.

To me, Queen Elizabeth will always be larger than life.

Beautiful, strong, never wavering, capable, and in charge. 

What a powerful message to all little girls!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 ...i absolutely enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for taking time to do this. Im not ready to have her not be a part of my interest and heart yet . Im an Anglophile and just soaked her up. What an article you found! Those photos!

Edited to add that  imanother one who wonders what she was dressed in her casket...i even googled yesterday to see if i could find what she was dressed in her casket. I imagine in my mind a linen gown like an angel. A burial gown. The curiosity makes me anxious if i think about it too hard.

Honored Contributor

I sheepishly admit to being a little curious about what she is wearing  right now...

Honored Contributor

I believe those photos are from the last book that Angela Kelly wrote.

Interesting book.