Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Project: Curating MacDuff's Closet...

@AmericanBulldogMom

@tansy

@ECBG

Thanks...I'm looking more closely at my casual stuff.  I love casual and I need more casual, but I still need to be able to run up to the store or answer the door...the Walmart hoodie fits the bill.

EC, yeah, trying to strike the right balance between keeping things just in case and keeping tons of the same thing because I can't or won't give it up already!!  Smiley LOL  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne

@tansy

I agree the scarf was wrong with the raglan top, but the blackberry color is harsh and jarring on me.   

I was not pleased with the Linea Leisure line...several LL items have gone to Goodwill.  So many LL things were returned that I'm surprised I didn't get the you-return-too-much letter.   Keeping the imperial violet/blue raglan for casual and to get something for my $$!! 

Another example...I'm wearing the LL knit pull-on pant for the 1st time, which have never been washed.  Here's what they looked like at the end of the day.   Baggy knees was the least of it.  Just look at that seam!!   I should have returned these for the wonky, horrible seam, but too late by the time I saw it!!!  I thought I'd keep them to wear for casual (bad MacDuff...bad!! lol), but no way...I was embarrassed to wear them today...they're in the Goodwill bag (along with the blackberry raglan sleeve).   I'm sure plenty of customers got perfect pairs and love them, but, bottom line for me, I'll never buy the Linea Leisure line again...

20171031_205444-1.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@DiAnne

@tansy

I agree the scarf was wrong with the raglan top, but the blackberry color is harsh and jarring on me.   

I was not pleased with the Linea Leisure line...several LL items have gone to Goodwill.  So many LL things were returned that I'm surprised I didn't get the you-return-too-much letter.   Keeping the imperial violet/blue raglan for casual and to get something for my $$!! 

Another example...I'm wearing the LL knit pull-on pant for the 1st time, which have never been washed.  Here's what they looked like at the end of the day.   Baggy knees was the least of it.  Just look at that seam!!   I should have returned these for the wonky, horrible seam, but too late by the time I saw it!!!  I thought I'd keep them to wear for casual (bad MacDuff...bad!! lol), but no way...I was embarrassed to wear them today...they're in the Goodwill bag (along with the blackberry raglan sleeve).   I'm sure plenty of customers got perfect pairs and love them, but, bottom line for me, I'll never buy the Linea Leisure line again...

20171031_205444-1.jpeg

@MacDUFF WOW!  love the mules though or are they slippers...  Mules are HOT right now.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This worked, thank goodness.  A charcoal ribbed tunic...perfect weight for transitional weather...from Soft Works that I got at the beach.   Eileen Fisher silk scarf (off-white, black, denim blue), G light wash jeggings, Aerosole booties...

20171026_094206-1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthFlorida321

I like how you notice the good things in life!  Smiley Very Happy  Donald Pliner suede with silver studs...love!  

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

I like how you notice the good things in life!  Smiley Very Happy  Donald Pliner suede with silver studs...love!  

@MacDUFF  Yes, love them!  I have 2 pair of his mules and want you to see them.

The beige has tiny striations of shimmer to them.  will go with my new light jeans, whites1029171613b-3 (4).jpg1029171559-2 (2).jpg1029171601a-2.jpg too. Other black and white patent. Comfy!Woman Happy  I met him a couple of years ago with his wife..LOL.

Respected Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

@MacDUFF  Yes, love them!  I have 2 pair of his mules and want you to see them.

The beige has tiny striations of shimmer to them.  will go with my new light jeans, whites1029171613b-3 (4).jpg1029171559-2 (2).jpg1029171601a-2.jpg too. Other black and white patent. Comfy!Woman Happy  I met him a couple of years ago with his wife..LOL.

PS @MacDUFF I love the beading on them.

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthFlorida321

OMGosh!   I love both of them, but especially the black.  Beautiful bead work!   I want to see the beige with some of your new light wash jeans...they go with the rose golds, yes?  Yes, Pliners are very comfy and well-made.   How/where/when did you meet Mr. and Mrs. Pliner!?   Were you wearing a pair of his shoes?  Smiley LOL

BTW, I'm finding that I prefer darker colors...I think it's the contrast with the silver hair...I love contrast.   Of course, I wear white in the summer, but I'm always on the hunt for darker colored tops for summer.   I like a darker color with the lighter wash jeans, too.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

OMGosh!   I love both of them, but especially the black.  Beautiful bead work!   I want to see the beige with some of your new light wash jeans...they go with the rose golds, yes?  Yes, Pliners are very comfy and well-made.   How/where/when did you meet Mr. and Mrs. Pliner!?   Were you wearing a pair of his shoes?  Smiley LOL

BTW, I'm finding that I prefer darker colors...I think it's the contrast with the silver hair...I love contrast.   Of course, I wear white in the summer, but I'm always on the hunt for darker colored tops for summer.   I like a darker color with the lighter wash jeans, too.

@MacDUFF yes the beading on them was what did it for me.  Have not seen anything like it since, yours either.  Yes, I think it will go with the rose gold and the new chiffon velvets too.

You look great with blacks, not all can pull it off.  Not to forget to mention white, and gray. 

So about the Pliner's.  He had a shoe store in my nearby mall.  It was there for years.  Think it closed 3 years ago.  He lives in Bal Harbor, about 6 miles away on the ocean. Not sure if he is still there though.  She has long black hair usually put back up in a tight braid.  He is very tiny and they never went anywhere without their little dog.  Anyway, someone told me to go on a day he was going to be there so I did.  They are nice people.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

I agree with you about the Linea Leisure line.   I won't buy it either.  His clothes used to be special.  I still purchase some but much less than I did before.  I do like the fact his colors are dyed to match.  If you are in all one color with a nice scarf or piece of jewelry you can get away wearing the outfit almost anywhere.