Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Project: Curating MacDuff's Closet...

LOL @AmericanBulldogMom...speaking of socks...

You might remember that I had a major sock hoarding problem...it was sick how many I donated...which resulted in a new rule, no more socks--it'll be years before I need socks!   So, I'm at the Rack the other day and some weird gravitational pull occurred and I found myself in front of the sock display with 2 pairs of sale socks in my hand!   I came out of the trance, and actually said to myself, "Min would get a good chuckle out of this."   Smiley LOL  (@Magny) Didn't buy them, but here's a small sampling of some of my socks (oh, brother--this is taking things too far!)...Handsome is doing his Vanna White bit...he calls me Pippi Longstockings hahaha.   I wore the socks in the top pic with the pink LDO.  The 2nd pic are (L to R) Kate Spade, 2 Smartwools, 2 Betsy Johnson, and 2 Kate Spades--I have duplicates of all these!!  Smiley Embarassed

20180112_124837-2.jpeg

20180114_191832.jpeg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

Yeah, what is it about boatnecks!?  I hate bateau necks, too.   I think it's because it highlights my wimpy shoulders.  I, too, could wear off-the-shoulder, so go figure.   That touch of grey gives it a dingy look.   It's always something I tell ya!

@MacDUFF LOL - yes bateau another NO.  No it's not your wimpy shoulders.  Mine are very straight and I look like "qwap" in them.  I think it makes the neck look bad?  Hey, things are bad enough as it is and don't need to add to the situation!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthFlorida321

Not to mention the whole bra strap showing thang...the constant fiddling!  I hate that!

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Thanks @SouthFlorida321.  I used to be a big pink girl...any shade.  But...and at the risk of getting slammed for this comment...not only do the lighter, paler pinks wash me out now, I think I look like a sweet little ole grey haired lady wearing her sweet little pink outfit!   It's a fine line if you ask me.   I liked this color so much, that I caved and purchased LDO's embroidered baseball jacket in the same color...the embroidery could take it over the edge, though...we'll see. 

@MacDUFF no, I disagree, it's not the pink color, it's the garment type.  As long as it's sophisi-cajj, it's good.  That shade pink your wearing is very attractive and youthful on you.  Like it a lot!

Esteemed Contributor

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!   Blah blah!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@SouthFlorida321

Not to mention the whole bra strap showing thang...the constant fiddling!  I hate that!

@MacDUFF Oh it's been so long since I wore that bateau, boatneck look I forgot all about the constant yanking on the straps!  Remember some blouses had these little fabric strips with "snaps" where you could attach bra strap?  Yikes.Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthFlorida321

Thanks...only reason I took a chance was because it was LDO.   I think it does qualify for our curated Sophisti-cajj line of clothing!!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

Here are the 2 things in my closet that are violet.  LDO's original swing sweater and my homemade plaid wrap...

20180112_125234.jpeg

20180114_135037.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ECBG, this is the LDO jacket in parfait pink I was telling you about.   The video shows the hood/collar, but does not show the hood as it rests on the back.  Because of the zipper/trim, the hood creates a giant hump!   Someone should have noticed this, but nevertheless, I love it.  It's as light a pink as I'll go...love having a light, bright color for fall/winter.  Trim is navy (that might as well be black) and I'm wearing it with Marla Wynne's slim leg indigo jeans.  If I wear a heavyweight base layer, I can wear it in even 40 degrees weather, so it's versatile.  The only way I could keep it was to adjust the weird hood/collar the way you see...I unzipped the hood and pulled the wings forward and made a built-in scarf out of it...

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-Leisure-by-Louis-DellOlio-Zip-Front-Jacket-w-Hood.product.A225481.html?upsh...

20180112_124743-1 (1).jpeg

@MacDUFF,LOVE IT!!!Smiley Happy  The pink is yummy.

I had actually intended to order the cream one!  Now it's wait listed.  Spit!  What on earth with $5.00 postage???  It isn't even remotely heavy!  Love Lewis, though, so I'm on wait list.  Grrrrrr.....  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ECBG, this is the LDO jacket in parfait pink I was telling you about.   The video shows the hood/collar, but does not show the hood as it rests on the back.  Because of the zipper/trim, the hood creates a giant hump!   Someone should have noticed this, but nevertheless, I love it.  It's as light a pink as I'll go...love having a light, bright color for fall/winter.  Trim is navy (that might as well be black) and I'm wearing it with Marla Wynne's slim leg indigo jeans.  If I wear a heavyweight base layer, I can wear it in even 40 degrees weather, so it's versatile.  The only way I could keep it was to adjust the weird hood/collar the way you see...I unzipped the hood and pulled the wings forward and made a built-in scarf out of it...

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-Leisure-by-Louis-DellOlio-Zip-Front-Jacket-w-Hood.product.A225481.html?upsh...

20180112_124743-1 (1).jpeg

I am not a fan of the Linea Leisure line but at the clearance price I could not resist.  I purchased the pink and also the green.  I do not care for hoods so I was just going to leave it unzipped like a collar.  When you are talking about the hump is that with it zipped or unzipped?   Having navy trim the both will go well with dark jeans.